• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should have taken programming seriously back in school.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

Plot:
Ah, taco is bumpered. He bought software from a website that used online registration, or one could generate a file during installation to upload onto that website, and get a 'reply file' to use during installation to activate software and get it installed. The latter option was for offline machines.

Problem:
website is down because that online store went bonkers. Software is paid for back in 2012 with no way to activate and begin installation.

Possible solution:
Use debugger ollydbg to reverse engineer installer and bypass registration.

Possible obstacle:
Trouble setting breakpoint to bypass activation loop. Trying right now on simpler installer that only requires key.

:comp::sly::waiting::fight::rain::bang head

Great news!! Got a hold of developer. They sent me link to direct download+serial key of the software without that goofy activation I previously had. Hooray!! No need to learn programming!!

Started downloading. It's 9 gigabytes and says itll be done in 2 days:sly: 60kb/s:waiting::fight:

What prey tell is the software? I agree though. I could have studied computer language and I could be a seriously rich man now. Capable of paying others to do all the typing. My cousin got into nursing homes and now lives on Oahu and drives a $100,000 custom hellcat.

Its airplane for flight simulator. Activation is done through website, which went under many years ago.

Awesome. I'd love to buy all "The Right Stuff" (never watched it lol) to play with it (controllers, chairs, headsets, etc). When I eventually get a DLP I probably will. I'm more interested in space filght simulators. Asteroids but for real.

That would be pretty neat. Speaking of, I've watched a few clips of interstellar. What an awesome movie, wish I saw it in theatre!

Here are a couple clips which are ultra!

Incredible!!
Edit: oops, only one video allowed. The second one I wanted to include is "entering the blackhole"

Matthew McConaughey is a great actor imo. Movie was kinda twilight zone material but ok overall. Definitely big screen worthy. Interesting av you av. You av. lol

The best shot to get the software to work is to meet the ones who made and ask them to provide a forked version of the software that works without having to use the activation key.
Once you get that software then you can easily install it on your system.

We wouldn't be able to help you much until you tell us the name of the software.

Back