• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I add a fan on the side? Already have 2 front intake and 1 back exhaust.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found that more exhast fans did more for my temps than more intake. YMMV but I would test a side fan as intake and exhaust a d see what makes better temps. If you feel like case modding, setting the top for exhaust might bring some positive results

I was thinking about using the bottom slot for intake to cool the video card area and the top slot for exhaust since hot air rises. What do you think? That would make 3 intake and 2 exhaust.

Do your fans like this:

Top = Exhaust
Rear = Exhaust
Front = Intake
Bottom = Intake

Also, generally, side panel fans usually work best in an intake orientation, though that depends on GPU number/cooler/spacing as well as CPU cooling configuration and the location of the fan on the side panel. Sometimes it's best to just leave this one out.

What you don't want to do is have the front to back/top flow disrupted by side fans. I would only use side fans if necessary to cool a hot GPU.

Back