• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I buy a 42" plasma or a 22" wide screen monitor???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
go for the monitor

I tried the bigscreen on the computer thing and it's not as great as one would hope. I have a visiontek ti4600 vid card with a dvi out and a brand new hitachi 57" widescreen HDTV with a dvi input and it looks better than your standard tv but still looks like *** quality wise. my widescreen supports the new 1080x 1920 res but only runs at 480x860 widescreen resolution in games so it still looks like poop. Don't get me wrong, its fun to hook it up but definitly not what i expected. In an age where games look like crap if the res is less than 1024x768 its definitly not worth it. i say go buy a tv like mine (only cost about 2Grand) for watching tv/movies and take the other grand left over and buy a nice 21" sony "G" series flat sceen CRT that will look better at 1200x1600 than most displays on the market. Just my suggestion.

Went and saw it at the gateway store. It pretty cool since its only $3k. But it shows. I wouldnt sit anycloser then maybe 12 feet. They wouldnt hook a computer to it so i cant say how that looked. It had some pixelation but not alot. I would go for the 22" LCD monitor if computing is what you will be doing most. It is pretty good considering its 42" and $3k when most are still in the $7k+ range.

Back