• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I cool it or not??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FerrariF50

Well I was just thinking if the fan does not help my savage4 video card I thought I would cool my Chipset allthough it does not get that hot it only runs around like 65F-80F any extra cooling could help and also my motherboard came with a onboard video card a Ati rage pro it does not have a heatsink on it just the chip it's self it have never locked up on me but it does get warm to touch. Is it ok to add a heatsink on here?

Cowtown

Hehehe, cool first, ask questions later! ;-)

That doesn't seem too hot, although if you plan to overclock it at all, it wouldn't hurt.

Shawn

OP
FerrariF50

FerrariF50

heheh about the only chip inside I have not checked the temp of when overclcoked. I have a pic of the chipset I'm not sure what it is or who it's made by :(

OP
FerrariF50

FerrariF50

I'm going to see if this fan filts my video card first if not then it goes to the chipset

900-2508.jpg

Cowtown

The Coolest (Aug 04, 2001 05:06 p.m.):
I was wondering how do u get to show a GIF file on the left side of ur message?

Click the Profile button on the top menu there and on the bottom of that page you can post an image.

Cowtown

FerrariF50 (Aug 04, 2001 04:54 p.m.):
here is the image

For the northbridge chip on my ABIT BP6 board I have a fan from a 486 heatsink and fan combo to cool it down. It should fit just fine.

Shawn

OP
FerrariF50

FerrariF50

Well that pic I showed upabove was not the one I got I got the radio shack one but thats ok still the same size.....Anyway only thing is I need a hard drive connecter cable because my motherboard has no Fan header only just for the Cpu fan allthough their is a "5" pin fan header I'm not sure about the volts it runs on.. I'm lucky i did not blow my motherboard or cpu fan about a year ago trying my 2 pin cpu fan on it.... I don't know why I did but anyway the mobo started makeing that burning smell and the cpu fan stoped spining.. And I was like oh crap I burned the fan out so I waited a little bit and I wanted to try it again and the fan started working again and has been to this day.

OP
FerrariF50

FerrariF50

here are the pictures it should fit.....btw does the image under my user name look ok?? Or should I change it? It's lights at ground level lighting up the Amd Althlon logo.

Richard

Awww... its adorable.

BTW, that looks like a good little fan. I'm thinking of dropping by the shack and replacing this BLORB on my GeForce2 with a 486 HS/FAN. Darn thing is noisy as all get out.

Cowtown

FerrariF50 (Aug 04, 2001 05:58 p.m.):
Well that pic I showed upabove was not the one I got I got the radio shack one but thats ok still the same size.....Anyway only thing is I need a hard drive connecter cable because my motherboard has no Fan header only just for the Cpu fan allthough their is a "5" pin fan header I'm not sure about the volts it runs on.. I'm lucky i did not blow my motherboard or cpu fan about a year ago trying my 2 pin cpu fan on it.... I don't know why I did but anyway the mobo started makeing that burning smell and the cpu fan stoped spining.. And I was like oh crap I burned the fan out so I waited a little bit and I wanted to try it again and the fan started working again and has been to this day.

You don't necessarily have to get a connector. You could take another connector pop out the necessary leads from the connector and crimp your wires piggyback style into the other wires and then stick it back into the power connector again.

Shawn

OP
FerrariF50

FerrariF50

It is a Radioshack model number 273-340 1 9/16" (40mm) Brushless fan the Airflow is 5.3 Cfm :( not good is it? It was the only small fan left. I gotta go check back later for some more. It cost me $9.99 for that fan!!!

The Coolest (Aug 04, 2001 06:25 p.m.):
What is that fan ur holding?

<< Do u like my new side pic? Its AMD

OP
FerrariF50

FerrariF50

ok! good idea! Which wire supplys 12 volts??

Cowtown (Aug 04, 2001 06:41 p.m.):
FerrariF50 (Aug 04, 2001 05:58 p.m.):

You don't necessarily have to get a connector. You could take another connector pop out the necessary leads from the connector and crimp your wires piggyback style into the other wires and then stick it back into the power connector again.

Shawn

OP
FerrariF50

FerrariF50

Also I got just more then a fan at RS I got a blue Led for my case hard drive light before I changed it to Red it was bright but now I changed it to blue. It looks sweet! My mom liked it too... Oh and also with the fan on the heatsink it still was a little to big.... for one thing the Stock heatsink on the Pentium II 450 was in the way and their are only 2 screws holding it down but it's on their tight I check because I allmost twisted the heatsink off the chipset. But anyway I just need to know what wire supplys 12 volts oh and I will supply a picture of the fan...