• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I Cut OFF these Wires? AUX cable.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Chances are you will never need it, however, it does have 3.3v wires, wich may be of use for LEDs or something, if you are into modding your computer. If you dont think you will need it and do decide to cut it of, save it incase you want to soder it back on, you never know, you might need it someday.

I cut mine off, taped up the ends with electrical tape, and tucked them inside the psu.
You may need them again, you never know. I have a tendancy to collect all those useless tidbits anyway....

I wouldn't just cut and tape because tape sometimes comes off, and wire sticks out just enough beyond the insulation that it could one day short something. I either unsolder at the circuit board or pull the insulaton at least 2" from the end so it sticks out at least 1/4", then I use a pair of hot pliers and pinch it there. But these pinches don't always hold, so I also put a 1.5" piece of heatshrink over it and let it stick 1/2" beyond the tip.

I usually attach a cabletie stay on the unseen part of the PSU, and just tie it up out of sight and out of the way.

Well I personally think it is a bad idea to cut wires off of your power supply...Never know when you might sell it and most people do not like the idea of cut up power supply's...stool has the right idea...Just tie strap it up and tape it, tuck it somewhere out of sight...I usually tape all that stuff to the hidden side of the power supply if there is any room...;)

Back