• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I have lapped my Swiftech befor putting it on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
Like it says, it is the "MCW372", it looked good.

I will be taking it appart to install it right when I finish my side door with Lexan.

For the most part I do lap my heatsinks, hehe, even the northbridge one, man was it off.

TIA.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
In a word, no. Only Swiftech bases are better left unlapped as they are pretty good and flat and you'd be hard pressed to improve the base of a Swifty. ANY other WB and I would say yes, lap it for sure but not a swifty!!

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
no, the bases on those blocks are a trademark of swiftech, they are awesome!

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Liss said:

i've seen better :)
doubt it. FLAT and shiney are 2 different things. The Swifty blocks are flat as hell and I doubt anyone here would improve it by lapping it. Mirror finish is NOT what you are after when lapping...

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
I had to mildly lap my Swifty cause of some scratches on it. On a good note tho I seems to be getting rather good temps. However if it wasn't for the scratches I would've left it alone.

Liss

nikhsub1 said:

doubt it. FLAT and shiney are 2 different things. The Swifty blocks are flat as hell and I doubt anyone here would improve it by lapping it. Mirror finish is NOT what you are after when lapping...

yes i know flat and shiney are 2 different things...

ooww.. 'flat as hell'..
powerful description... lol

okie you win.. haven't seen flattA......................