• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I RMA this Albatron 4200 Turbo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kosmic

It's the one in my sig. 305/655 is the absolute max I can push this card, regardless of what the AGP bus is running at or if my cpu/fsb are OC'd at all.

I was hoping for at least 330/690 with a LOT of people seem to get without any problems at all. I'm seriously considering RMAing it, but my worry is that the replacement that I get might OC even WORSE. Now that would suck, as I doubt I could do a second RMA.

So my question is hypothetical...If YOU got the Albatron 4200 Turbo believing that you could easily get 330/690 (and beyond) out of it as many others have and had to "settle" for 305/655 would you consider it money well (enough) spent or would you RMA it?

K1

Well, seeing how Albatron only gaurantee's Ti4600 speed which is 300/650.. I think you're SOL on an RMA. They'll test the card, see it works perfectly and charge you a restocking fee and possibly even send you back the exact same card. Mine does 305/690 ... I keep it at 303/675 which seems to be a sweet spot for the card that I have.

Long story short : No, this is not a valid RMA reason. I think you had your hopes too high. Sorry.

Also, my Ti4200P Turbo was worth every last penny.

I bet my G4 ti 4200 @ 340/640 can whip the albatrons mentioned above.. 305 core is pretty crappy for a HIGH END ti 4200..If I got the albatron I'd want at least 320MHz, since it cost so much more than a regular 4200.. RMA, it's worth a shot, but find out the policy first.

Overclocker456 said:
I bet my G4 ti 4200 @ 340/640 can whip the albatrons mentioned above.. 305 core is pretty crappy for a HIGH END ti 4200..If I got the albatron I'd want at least 320MHz, since it cost so much more than a regular 4200.. RMA, it's worth a shot, but find out the policy first.

Well, I haven't exactly found it's limit though. See, what I like to do, for some reason.. is find the limit of my CPU and GPU at the same time. Well, this leads to a problem. When one acts up, you think it's the other causing it. So, since then.. i've really not messed with it. I got them both at the same time. Perhaps tonight i'll try to find the GPU limit.

Plus, this card literally cost me nothing. So, i'm not too worried about it.

Heh, so it was "worth every last penny" since you got it for free eh? I guess I'll just stick with what I have and upgrade in a few months.

Thanks,
K1

Kosmic1 said:
Heh, so it was "worth every last penny" since you got it for free eh? I guess I'll just stick with what I have and upgrade in a few months.

Thanks,
K1

That's what I'd recommend. Going through the hassle of having to live through a RMA is not worth it for 15 on the core and 35mhz on the memory. It may result in a 1-3 FPS difference or something -- no idea but it won't be significant.

Yodums

Yodums, have I seen you playing JK2? Your name looks pretty familiar (Plus your beaver has a nice lightsaber there ;) )

Nope. I played that along time ago. The saber is there because I like the effect of the saber ;) Plus it looks rad on my beaver LOL.

Doofie27cp2 said:
ive been looking into getting one of those, but im not sure to get a radeon 128 mb or a nvidia..... ANy tips?

I ay go the cheaper of the 2 , performance diff between a regular Ti4200 and 8500 is like 10-15%

Both are great I would buy the less expensive one

cisco kid

Yodums said:
Nope. I played that along time ago. The saber is there because I like the effect of the saber ;) Plus it looks rad on my beaver LOL.

I want-a beaveaaa. Did you draw that or pull that from a clip art? Anyhow, the sabre fits that beaver perfectly!

OC-Master

Kosmic1- I can go 300/700 max on my 4600. Any higher and it craps in 3dMark. Although I've heard it not just the Albatron cards.

Kosmic1 said:
It's the one in my sig. 305/655 is the absolute max I can push this card, regardless of what the AGP bus is running at or if my cpu/fsb are OC'd at all.

I was hoping for at least 330/690 with a LOT of people seem to get without any problems at all. I'm seriously considering RMAing it, but my worry is that the replacement that I get might OC even WORSE. Now that would suck, as I doubt I could do a second RMA.

So my question is hypothetical...If YOU got the Albatron 4200 Turbo believing that you could easily get 330/690 (and beyond) out of it as many others have and had to "settle" for 305/655 would you consider it money well (enough) spent or would you RMA it?

K1

Why would you RMA it it did what it was suppose to ?????? They would just send it back plus what is like another 10 mhz on mem , nothing really

cisco kid

Last I checked, you can't RMA something b/c it doesn't O/C the way you want it to. I have not done any reading on the Albatron cards, so I guess if they guerentee something, then I guess you can RMA it.

OC-Master that girl looks a little young.:D Put the last girl back up. She is my favorite so far.

Kosmic1, are you running that with the stock cooling?

If so, I'd pull the stock HS off, make sure everything is lapped flat, and apply AS3 then pop it back on. Or, go with some watercooling ;)

OC-Master said:

I want-a beaveaaa. Did you draw that or pull that from a clip art? Anyhow, the sabre fits that beaver perfectly!

OC-Master

The beaver I got from the "Canadian Domination" site which was posted by Krusty I believe. The avatar was modded by PhLuBB. He also made me a pink saber one :rolleyes: :D

Milknow: I think I will hold onto the card at this point. I might sell it later to help finance an upgrade.

Can O Beans: Yep, stock cooling. Thanks for the core tip. I'll do that this weekend to see if it helps the core get any higher. I haven't taken the plunge into water cooling yet. (pun intended) I'm basically not motivated enough to "roll my own" WC setup, make the necessary case mods, etc. I really want a Swifty Qpower, but that's one spendy unit. :D

K1

Back