• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I trust Prime95 only?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mustanley said:
It's funny, at my current speeds, Prime95 runs for hours without a hitch, but less than 5 minutes into playing Battlefield 1942, I get a core dump every time. AGP is locked at 66 MHz, vid card is not overclocked, and backing down to 166 FSB fixes the crashes. :confused:
Mark Larson said:
Your machine is only as stable as the least stable program.

Mustanley said:
It's funny, at my current speeds, Prime95 runs for hours without a hitch, but less than 5 minutes into playing Battlefield 1942, I get a core dump every time. AGP is locked at 66 MHz, vid card is not overclocked, and backing down to 166 FSB fixes the crashes. :confused:

That happens to me with AOM and SOF2 occasionally also...drives me nuts.

Damn... now my cpu is running at 1.9v with 80mm&sk-7 at 2.3Ghz 200*11.5. So far it run Prime for 2hrs + with no prob (better than last time :D) and I will leave it 24hrs tonight. Now I just need to find some case fans for it cuz the case is too hot.

yea raising voce helps alot man...
try raising it then see if you can run it

i didnt read all the thread so if someone said this...oops

On my xp1700 b I can run prime forever, but games lock up in just a few minutes. In this case, I wouldn't recommend Prime AT ALL. It did give me errors, eventually, but that was well beyond the point when a game would freeze; I could run Prime at 1.99xghz @1.70v w/ no troubles. After a couple hours of gaming, it would freeze at 1.825ghz @ 1.85v. Test your rig w/ everything, and if ANYTHING doesn't work (as Siliconx, and I'm sure many others have said), you've pushed a bit too far. You might miss a couple hundred points in a benchmark, but you won't likely miss all the errors and freezes...

altec said:
If you are testing a bunch, also try CPU Burn-in...it is a very good stability test as well...seems to get my CPU hotter than both toast and Prime.

Where to get this program?

Would you recommend it for burn-in such as low speed high vcore?

Nice OC btw. :)

Back