• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i try trats d24 bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

i have one of the older nf7-s rev2.0 motherboards...got it from newegg about 8 months ago. i heard this bios only works on the newer ones with different colored ram slots. is this true? if not, do u recommend this bios? is it safe/stable?

roll+call

My ram slots all black. I flashed with the one for cpc disable and definitely raised my fsb... so far by about 15. gonna try for 230 tonight.
Problem is I can't tell if it raised my bandwidth or not. Got the new ram and flashed immediately from tictac's d22 sub-zero.

OP
Pollux

Pollux

so trats d24 cpc off BIOS works with ANY Abit NF7-S rev2.0? also, ive heard that the fsb increase is merely an increase on paper of about 10mhz. all though u can post with 230 fsb, youre still at the same performance as u were with 220 fsb. is this true? also, how accurent are the temp readings?

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
cpc off from what I understand can lead to instability. I'm running mine in the on position. I've had mine up to 225 fsb totally stable.....

OP
Pollux

Pollux

well, what bios should i use for stability in the 210-220 fsb range?

xtern

I assume this holds true for merlin's bios? That is that us who got the black ram sticks will still benefit with newer bios.

Also is trats more stable then merlin?

TA :)

maxima88

I'm using the merlin bios and all is stable from 235-240fsb.
It's not just the bios you have to consider but also the quality of your RAM and the VDIMM.