• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i upgrade from a 4700k to a 6700k? Gamer here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

I have a 4700k, not overclocked currently. It will be soon once i change cases. With the new gpus arriving .....polaris and pascal gpus, should I worry about bottlenecking? i think its a bad move, maybe I'm just trying to justify my itch to upgrade.

Last edited:

wingman99

You will be fine with a 4700k and what ever Graphics card you want to run. I'm still fine with my i5 2500k in all games.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Agreed. My 390 does marvelous @ 1920/1080 on my 40" display with my 4790K @ 4.7Ghz. All my game eye candy is maxed out too :D

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
if the itch has to be scratched, go right ahead, you won't gain enough to even brag about, slap a solid clock on it and enjoy it a few more years.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
There is a very minimal difference between the two. I won't be upgrading my 4770k any time soon.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
I too agree, if you were building a new rig out of need because of an an outdated unit then, yes but not with what you are using now.