• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I used tweaked drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

As the topic states. Yes or no? Why? And if yes then which ones?

telexen

it's a pointless question. You can try them if you're willing to risk unstable drivers...then compare performance (remember that benchmarks != performance)

darksparkz

XtremeG drivers work well for me. Maybe it has a slight chance of being unstable, but did show slightly better performance for me.

OP
ati

ati

telexen said:
it's a pointless question. You can try them if you're willing to risk unstable drivers...then compare performance (remember that benchmarks != performance)

Pointless? I don't think so because it is a question I had and it would be easier to not risk the instability and just ask. Your post sir, that is pointless.

SuperDave1685

I have to agree.... They are not pointless.... I gained ~250 3D Marks using the XG drivers over at tweaksrus.com! That and I gained about 5 more FPS in CS:S and about 7FPS in BF2 :clap: ... sooo call them pointless if you want, but they work great for me... They also come with some niffty tools in the driver download such as nHancer and a PCI Latency tool.... DHzer0point drivers and NGO's also work well... These drivers only yeilded about a 2 FPS in my games and about 25 3D Marks among all 3 versions.... So I say yes- they are worth the try! Besides, you can also unistall and try others or go back to the originals!

shard

SuperDave1685 said:
I have to agree.... They are not pointless.... I gained ~250 3D Marks using the XG drivers over at tweaksrus.com! That and I gained about 5 more FPS in CS:S and about 7FPS in BF2 :clap: ... sooo call them pointless if you want, but they work great for me... They also come with some niffty tools in the driver download such as nHancer and a PCI Latency tool.... DHzer0point drivers and NGO's also work well... These drivers only yeilded about a 2 FPS in my games and about 25 3D Marks among all 3 versions.... So I say yes- they are worth the try! Besides, you can also unistall and try others or go back to the originals!

Wich ones are you using? I have been using the 81.95 and now I am using the 81.97's, and I am still having a real rough time getting BF2 to run with decent frame rates.

Sorry about the threadjack. But I agree, so far the Xtreme G ones are very nice.

SuperDave1685

I'm using te 81.95's... didn't know there were 97's yet! lol... My card died yesterday onme, so I have an X850Pro now... yea yea yea.. I converted, but only because thats the only card that circuit city had :(

3DFlyer

Banned
The XTreme-G are VERY good drivers. I have got high performance from them, but on one of my simulators i have a crashing issue. I just load WHQL's when using that sim, and run the XG Drivers when using everything else.

It really depends on the simulation/game, and the system specs, and what card you are using. Different cards react differently.

BTW, there are NO pointless questions. People who ask questions, ask because they don't know something and need to know. Nobody knows everything, and it's the people who realize that that actually learn something. Those who think they know everything usually don't know jack.

aTi, your question was just as valid as anyone else's here, and you can ask as many questions as you want.