• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(v)estra

should i lie to my parents and tell them that my proc died on this computer and get my stuff early?
i would do a poll on this but dont know how to do i :p

OP
V

(v)estra

yea but im having problems with mine right now anyways getting random shutdowns and lockups and im running at stock [email protected] instead of 1.5 :( i really think this proc is dying
im glad my friends brother wants it though even after i told him about the problems hes like i still want!! so even with the random shutdowns and lockups i sould wait?

jazztrumpet216

Senior @ss
Random shutdowns mean one of two things to me, and neither of which is the processor unless you've been volting the crap out of it. A shutdown with the BSOD is a RAM problem, a shutdown without a BSOD is power supply.

If it IS the processor, and it's ALWAYS been at stock speeds, RMA the sucker and tell Intel that it's only stable with a significant voltage increase.

OP
V

(v)estra

this is not on the intel :p this is on my amd and the proc has been overclocked and has seen verry high volts 2.02 so im 99.9% sure its the proc and the reason i started this thread is to see if i should tell my parents that my proc died so that they would give me my intel stuff :p