• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should ? should not ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingdom

Hi :)

Im considering buying the asus canterwood board and a 3.0c ghz, BUT right now i have a 3.06 on a granite bay, look below to see :) the memory are running 1.5,2,2,5 timings and are synch as with all gb boards.

If i bought the canterwood and the 3.0c, i wouldnt be running the mem asynch, so i wouldnt be able to overclock the processor by that much, since the memory wouldnt go that high, and the timings would be really lousy...

BUT (again) what would be realistic to overclock it to ? for thoose who know the multiplier on the 3.0c and are brilliant in calculating mem cpu freq and so on, i'd like to know how high you would guess my memry would go, and from that what the speed of the procesor would be, the memory are 2 256mb sticks, cas2 hyperx 3500, my guess is that they would hopefully reach 450mhz on relaxed timings, a bit higher if i am a lucky punk, but what would the fsb and cpu speed be at that point, and would it be worth it over my current setup ? i'd get alot faster memory speed and fsb speed but my cpu speed would be lower.

Cant decide so plz give me ur opinion and so on and i would appreciate it alot.

I'f i aint going to buy it i'll wait for the presscot, and by then i'd probably wont be overclocking anymore :D looking forward to that pretty tired of thoose goddamn case fans, and the computer will by then be fast enough for anyone tbh :)

alien76

You have a 3.06Ghz processor o/ced to 3.5Ghz. Do you need a faster setup. Guess not!!
If you are gamer, buy a new graphic card (Geforce 5900Ultra or Radeon 9800 Pro ) for that money.

OP
Kingdom

Kingdom

ye i guess ur right, allthough i only play cs wich my gf handles good enough since the game is more cpu dependent than gfx, with a good enough setup a gf2 could handle a constant 100fps, wereas a slow processor and something like a gf 5900 wouldnt, somewhat off topic there but im bored :)