• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shovel Knight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
http://store.steampowered.com/app/250760

I picked up this little gem today from the Wii U eShop and I'm hooked already. This game is a brand new throwback to the days of NES platforming. Modern day retro style with simple controls, feels like a combination of Duck Tales, Mega Man, Castlevania, probably more 8-bit games I can't think of at the moment. It has a great chiptune soundtrack that reminds me a great deal of the old Mega Man games, repetitive but never gets old, I really like it. The controls are precise but feel a little more forgiving then a typical NES platformer, more like a SNES platformer and I like that. For example, its easier to do precise pogo jumping with the shovel then it was with Scrooge on the NES. Fans of those old Capcom side-scrolling platformers from the NES, you have to check this game out. :thup: :thup:

All of the reviews I've seen and discussions for this gave have been super positive. I'll definitely pick it up when I get some time.

Back