• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show Off Your Network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
post pics of your network and specs if possible
mine:
router.jpg
------Cisco 678 Modem

switch01.jpg
- netgear 10/100 mbps 8 port switch

switch02.jpg

hub.jpg
-- 4 port 10mbps netgear hub.

sorry about the quality..i hope to get a new digicam soon

Done many rig pics but this is the first time I remember someone asking about network pics/ descriptions :)

DFGNet:
Motorola Cable Modem (rental)
Linksys gateway router
My H2O cooled Workstation
part-time: my laptop or other work computers as needed.

Cellar Branch:
SMC TigerSwitch (9 port switch + 8 port hub) uplinked
XP1700@1751
XP1700@1710
TBird 900@1072

Diskless Cluster:
Dual P3 1000@1050 (integrated 8 port hub and TBird 900@1065 client)
TBird 1000@1400 client

Pics and more stats are HERE if you want 'em ;)

Nothing special here...

NIC:Intel Pro/1000MTx2 cross over cable
NIC:D-Link DFE538 TC 10/100
MODEM which i dont use: Efficent networks Speed stream 5260ADSL MODEM 8-mbit/up & 1.28mbit/up same hub as you

old network

This was my network before moving out of my old apt. The switch is a cisco catalyst 5000 w/ 12 port 10/100 copper blade, 12 port 100baseFX backbone to trunk to the back bedroom's cat 5k and cat 2912. The two machines on the right are 2 identical p3's running freebsd with 4 fast ethernet interfaces(3 cat5, 1 fiber). freevrrpd provides redundacy on the Ipfilter nat'd private side of the network. each box has its own public IP provided by a cox cable modem.

Don't have any pics of the backroom(changed too much to have a worthwhile pic), just the core.

Cable management is not high on my priority list.

switchrouters.jpg

you don't get crosstalk in a modern network with properly made cables. newer, bigger switches let you have over 500 cat5 cables bundled together with 0 problems. i've seen production cabling jobs 100 times worse than my home network. you'd be suprised how badly things are wired at your ISP, big or small.

Mine: Linksys BEFW11S4 ver2 Wireless AP 4 Port router...with a Linksys wireless card for machine downstairs (400kbps DL) and my main rig upstairs is hardwired Cat5...had 3rd machine win2k but its currently off the network because I don't use it

k here is all my stuff...

Surfboard SB4100 cable modem
DCP_1506.jpg

Linksys BEFSR41 4-port Router
DCP_1508.jpg

Linksys Wireless Printer Server
DCP_1510.jpg

Linksys 16-port switch...normally I got most of the lights on...just it is 6am now:D

DCP_1509.jpg

Spec

Back