• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show up Team Rage3d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
While the recent posts by members of Team Rage3d have served to spur us on and increase our Folding production, not to mention enlist new members for Team 32 such as myself....

I thought it might be nice to trounce them in 3dmark!!! After all, they are just a bunch of 3d'ers. So anyone who hasn't already sent 3dmark2001 scores in and joined the Overclockers.com 3dmark team should seriously consider doing so. It doesn't really matter what card you have, or even if your scores aren't so great. Strength in numbers! Help our team grow out of its infancy.

Check our thread here: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=75571

Updates to our current site are kinda slow, so be patient. Also a brand new site with a ton of bells and whistles is in the works and should be up in a matter of weeks.

All ya gotta do is alter your benchmark labels to show team membership, and then email or PM your scores to RainMaQer or Malakai.

#528 on Team 32 and climbing fast!

-Arkaine

JetMech

Arkaine23 said:
While the recent posts by members of Team Rage3d have served to spur us on and increase our Folding production, not to mention enlist new members for Team 32 such as myself....

I thought it might be nice to trounce them in 3dmark!!! After all, they are just a bunch of 3d'ers. So anyone who hasn't already sent 3dmark2001 scores in and joined the Overclockers.com 3dmark team should seriously consider doing so. It doesn't really matter what card you have, or even if your scores aren't so great. Strength in numbers! Help our team grow out of its infancy.

Check our thread here: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=75571

Updates to our current site are kinda slow, so be patient. Also a brand new site with a ton of bells and whistles is in the works and should be up in a matter of weeks.

All ya gotta do is alter your benchmark labels to show team membership, and then email or PM your scores to RainMaQer or Malakai.

#528 on Team 32 and climbing fast!

-Arkaine
Sounds like a contradiction to me. If we are trying to avoid being overrun by Rage, why would we be taxing our puters with frivolous use of cpu cycles. :confused:

Kendan

Senior Punk
Re: Re: Show up Team Rage3d

JetMech said:
Sounds like a contradiction to me. If we are trying to avoid being overrun by Rage, why would we be taxing our puters with frivolous use of cpu cycles. :confused:

LMAO

Fold People Fold!!!!!!

OP
Arkaine23

Arkaine23

3dmark

My mistake.... I figured as overclockers, that you guys would have run 3dmark2001 already at least once or twice.... Guess I was wrong. And if not, what's an hour spent tweaking and benchmarking on your best rig?

I just thought members of Team 64 might get PO'd to see people from the Overclockers.com 3dmark Team getting better 3dmark scores than them with similar equipment.

And my pimpin' the OC 3dmark Team works both ways... that is- I'm trying to get Folders to join up, but I'll also try to get OC 3dmarkers to start Folding(those that don't already, and most of us do).

Last edited:

Kendan

Senior Punk
Re: 3dmark

Arkaine23 said:
My mistake.... I figured as overclockers, that you guys would have run 3dmark2001 already at least once or twice.... Guess I was wrong. And if not, what's an hour spent tweaking and benchmarking on your best rig?

I just thought members of Team 64 might get PO'd to see people from the Overclockers.com 3dmark Team getting better 3dmark scores than them with similar equipment.

It is a good Idea. I just thought it was funny. Head over to our 3DMark team and submit some scores. Just don't go overboard and put Folding in the backseat. I still feel the best way to keep them quiet is to ramp up our folding production and get way out of reach:D Fold people Fold!!!!!!

OP
Arkaine23

Arkaine23

A show of good Faith

I really hope some of you decide to join OC Team 3dmark, even if you just send in old scores cuz you've got no cpu cycles to spare. As a show of good faith I posted the following in the 3dmark Team sticky:

Hey Team,

I just tried to get some Folders to join up, even if they're not really prepared to devote a lot of time to tweaking for 3dmark... The problem is Team Rage3d is on Team Overclocker's arse something fierce, and most members of Team 32 don't wanna stop folding for even a few minutes to run some benchmarks. But I think several of them will join, as the stronger our 3dmark Team... well there's more than one way to show up Rage 3d, right?

Anyway, I also said I'd try to get any1 on our 3dmark Team not already Folding or currently inactive to start folding! I know most of us already Fold or run Seti, but please help [email protected] Team 32 stay ahead of team Rage3d. Several rude posts have been coming from Rage3d members recently, and the taunting and flaming seems to me to be quite distasteful and something which soils OC.com's atmosphere. Enough to get me started Folding anyway!

So I'm trying to recruit new members for our 3dmark Team like always.... and it will help the recruitment effort if we all pitch in at Folding! I know most of us already Fold, but if you don't then give it a try! If you're inactive, get off your duff and FOLD!!!!!

It comes down to freindly competetion and showing off to the world how great the people are here at Overclockers, right? That's why we formed this 3dmark Team. And that's also why we should Fold!

Kendan

Senior Punk
Newbie_Doo said:
:rolleyes:

Can we keep the incendiary remarks out of here? I just finished some diplomacy work at Rage3d and would like to not have to do it again for a while.

N_D

I am not sure I know what remarks you are referring to in this thread. I hope none of them were mine. By the way I read that thread over there and I would have to say nice going. I don't know how you kept your cool the way they insulted our mods in a couple of threads over there. They seem to not care that there members are giving them a bad rep. Even if it is a few. Well Back to the Fold!!!!

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
Newbie_Doo said:
:rolleyes:

Can we keep the incendiary remarks out of here? I just finished some diplomacy work at Rage3d and would like to not have to do it again for a while.

N_D

I saw that over there....such an ambassador you are! I was actually looking for some trash talking to respond to in kind when I saw your postings there but then decided differently as maturity took control. Anthony's been keeping it real over at rage so we don't want to back door his efforts any.

As for 3dmarks I will get mine to you because I spent a little time tweaking my graphics.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
n_d the peace maker and kept his cool doing it. MAn we have the best admins:D

And to all about the 3dmark team.. i know most of you have more than one computer folding and at that, they are all folding 24/7. We are not asking you to stop all activity, we are asking you to take your best rig, tweak for a half hour or so and then fun some benches that is all.

But, of course if you can't...... FOLD ON:D

res0r9lm

what makes a good folding rig is what also make it medocre for 3dmark. folding requires pure processing power while 3dmark needs a top of the line video card.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
well top 3dmark scores come from raw proc power and raw video power. So, most of the folders have the proc power to get the high scores, i would think that some have the vid cards to go with that power:D

JetMech

kendan said:

I am not sure I know what remarks you are referring to in this thread. I hope none of them were mine. By the way I read that thread over there and I would have to say nice going. I don't know how you kept your cool the way they insulted our mods in a couple of threads over there. They seem to not care that there members are giving them a bad rep. Even if it is a few. Well Back to the Fold!!!!
I made a post to this thread that was a little firey and it is this that I believe Newbie Doo was refering. I have since deleted the post and Pm'd an apology to Newbie. It is not fair that he should work so hard to maintain a peaceful atmosphere and some unthinking individual undermine that. I also want to apologize to you all for stirring the pot again. Ok enough of that. Lets Fold!! :beer: :burn:

OP
Arkaine23

Arkaine23

remarks

Whew, thought I'd said something wrong. I didn't want to stoke the flames. I wanted to get us organized to compete with those rage3d guys on 2 fronts. I see Jetmech claimed credit for the problem post. I must've missed it. Glad its been resolved. Fold on, and run a couple of 3dmark benches and join the overclockers team. A little friendly competetion is good for the soul. I say, "Bring it!" But as for Team to team banter, keep it civil!