• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shutdown shenanigans ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

I've been having a weird issue that only happens when I press the case's power button (set to shutdown in Windows power settings), around ~30% of the time it turns off but the Keyboard and mouse (USB RGB) stay on and other times it restarts. Have already flashed the BIOS -F10- and double-checked the Windows settings but everything seems as it should be. Hibernation is completely disabled and I don't use sleep mode. All energy saving features that I found/know of are disabled. If I use the Windows shutdown it always closes normally.

Any ideas ?

Do you have fast start-up in power settings unchecked?

I've been having a weird issue that only happens when I press the case's power button (set to shutdown in Windows power settings), around ~30% of the time it turns off but the Keyboard and mouse (USB RGB) stay on and other times it restarts. Have already flashed the BIOS -F10- and double-checked the Windows settings but everything seems as it should be. Hibernation is completely disabled and I don't use sleep mode. All energy saving features that I found/know of are disabled. If I use the Windows shutdown it always closes normally.

Any ideas ?

Don't use the power button silly :rofl:
That's a hard problem to trouble shoot, could be the PSU or not, hope you find the problem

The best I could find was this thread that mentioned a force variable to the shutdown. That's where my money is. Somehow Windows is executing shutdown with a variable for the button and without for menu.

I have a Gigabyte board too and have noticed funny RGB things happening like the lights remaining on (but with default colors not the software set ones from Razer/Corsair) occasionally when shutdown. I will set my power button to shutdown and see what happens.

Back