• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shutting Down Production for the Hurricane/Tropical Storm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Went to bed last night, and ETA was supposed to head to the North Gulf Coast.

Woke up this morning, ETA is now expected to make landfall north of me.

- Kids came back from school early
- Had to have the company locked down

We had a strong band roll through about 11 AM (took 2 hours to go through)...expecting another strong band at about 430 PM or so.

They are expecting 5 feet of storm surge locally...but not really expecting wind around 60 to 70 MPH...but a lot of rain with the storm surge, we are expecting flooding.

My house is on "high land" for the area, so I am good.

Shut down my folders...hopefully power stays up.

See you on the other side.

OP
JrClocker

JrClocker

Turned everything back on at 530 AM this morning before going to the factory to inspect for damage.

/production on

OP
JrClocker

JrClocker

Yeah - lots of rain...it hit land as a "strong tropical storm"...sustained winds were 70 MPH...where CAT 1 is 75 MPH...so no real difference.

At my house, we had sustained 60 MPH winds for about 5 hours...noisy, but not enough to warrant bringing the trash cans inside - hehe.

For reference, in Florida we don't get "excited" until a storm hits CAT 3 status...as a storm can quickly (within 12 hours) go from CAT 3 to CAT 5...anything can happen once a storm gets in the Gulf.

The challenges with this storm is that it was doing donuts in the Gulf...and we had about 2 hours notice that it was coming our way...surprised everybody.

The storm surge was 3 to 5 feet, but the bulk of it hit at low tide, so not a lot of flooding...but a lot of rain.

This storm had the "doomsday" track for this area...being that the East side of the storm ran up the Gulf Coast of Florida...but the storm was not strong enough to enact the doomsday scenario.