• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuttle AK12 overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Razorclaw212

I have an AK12 board and I'm not getting any options for multipliers in Bios... I have flashed the Bios in the last month and still no multipliers.... does anyone know what I can do?

I haven't found a way yet, short of getting a golden finger or doing some soldering on the board. Let me know if you find a way.

I just got one of one these boards a few days ago from newegg. which I would have known about what a crappy overclocker they were before I ordered one. no multiplier or vcore adjustment. luckly I managed to get to 150 fsb I was really suprized that the memory could handle it(xerox pc133). I haven't tried a higher fsb b/c I'm stuck at 1.79 vcore. I could pencil in L7's but don't want to take heatsink back off. by the way if anybody is wondering if a mc 462 hsf will fit. it will with a little bit of shoe horning. I never would have guessed it would fit by looking at the little bit of space around socket. well atleast I got 1575 out of my 1.4 tbird and while folding for the last 10 hours never went past 37c

the only way to get a different multiplier is to change bridges but that is going to help much if you can get past 1.85 vcore. using cpufsb 2.2.6 I was able to get fsb up to 155 and vmodded to 1.86 my next step is going to be vcore 1.90 to get everything stable @ 1627. I'll take a 227mhz overclock from a non overclocking board:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Have you gone and download the updated BIOS?

Once you do that you can go and the easiest way just chose OPTIMAL SETTING or something close and then reboot.

The hard part is that there are about 5 steps just to get the updates to work.

www.spacewalker.com is thier site, you will need the data on what motherboard you have.

o.k your best bet is to go the safe way and once your in set up just chose LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS, it's right below LOAD FAIL SAFE DEFAULTS or around there, this is spacewalkers idea of overclocking made easy.

other than that you you better talk to a senior member in here, I would suggest ELEMENT- ZERO he knows just about everything, and he can answer the hard questions.

Happy Overclocking, and remember...You can always buy another one :)

next week I go and pick up the KT3 ULTRA from MSI.

I'm witrh you dealing with shuttle boards is a big waste of time, hey there cheap to buy.

when I'm too rich I let you know if I'm TOO rich.

64Thunderbolt said:
Hey Guys...
dont be putting Shuttle down... It is always best to research BEFORE you buy...

my 2 cents
Charlie

who's putting shuttle down? I have two shuttle boards an AK12a and AK31a rev 3.1 both are good boards. 1.4 tbird@1627 w/ the ak12a and a XP1800+@1754 very happy with the results of both boards. The AK12a just isn't for the weekend overclocker the board requires a vcore mod unless your going to connect bridges and then you still won't get past 1.85

res0r9lm said:

who's putting shuttle down? I have two shuttle boards an AK12a and AK31a rev 3.1 both are good boards. 1.4 tbird@1627 w/ the ak12a and a XP1800+@1754 very happy with the results of both boards. The AK12a just isn't for the weekend overclocker the board requires a vcore mod unless your going to connect bridges and then you still won't get past 1.85

Hey, I recently got an AK31a, and I love it. It's everything the AK12a is not, overclocking wise.

Back