• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sick of Trying to get Broadcom to work, Tell me what Wireless Card to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gwar2288

So, I need a new PCI Wireless card because I am sick to the teeth trying to get this PoS Broadcom 4318 Chip card working in 64bit Ubuntu 9.1 :argue::bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

Someone suggest to me a cheap g or n card that will just work!

Sydney

Have you tried using ndiswrapper on the windows .inf driver?

I would think that Ubuntu 9.10 would support the vast majority of all recent wifi cards out of the box.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
The problem is Ubuntu not the card, it worked in Jaunty and in what seems like ubuntu tradidition these days they broke it in the latest release.

install b43-fwcutter and bcmwl-kernel-source, reboot and everything should be happy

if that does not work install from source following the instructions at the following URL :
http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

One of these usually resolves the issue.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
if have tried my suggestions do not work, I would be interested to know what other actions you have tried to get it to work.

If the card itself is ok you should be able to get it to work as Broadcom release Linux drivers themselves, does the card work under other OS's ?