• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Side Case Fan -- Logistical Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sammy5gs

Alright yall. I am building a rig for a friend, and he has this old *** Powermax case that has two intake case in the front of the case, blowing cool air to the mobo, and one exhaust fan in the back of the case. Now, the PSU I am putting in will have an exhaust fan as well, but he also has a side panel with which to put a fan in. What should this fan be doing (exhaust or intake)? I was thinking intake, but that would be make three case fans blowing in, with one case fan and one PSU fan blowing out?

What you guys think on this side panel fan?

ap673

If its facing the chipset,cpu, and motherboard; make it intake. I'm ganna cut a hole in my case and add a 120mm case fan and do the same.

clocker2

I have two 120mm fans on my sidepanel...both intake.

Obviously, you can try it either way, takes but a minute to flip a fan, right?

ggo

Disabled
yes, as archilocus (and others) have always said, the only way to know with cooling is to try it. its just way to difficult to predict what is going to happen, there are too many variables.