• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Side fans, but had to duct.. trial..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GravY

I cut two fan holes in the side of my case (not finished yet, need to trim them up and actually mount the fans.. held on by double sticky tape right now, so forgive the mess..) one that blows on my Video card and the other was originally going to blow on cpu, however my new case has a handle where the cpu is.. so I am testing a duct to bring air straight to the cpu from outside the case.. I used a Kraft Parmesan cheese container (empty of course) and cut the bottom on an angle so the duct makes its way over to the HSF, measured out the length so that the opening actually covers the corner of the HSF, thus dumping air to the fan and the side of the HSF.. my CPU temps dropped by 3-4c by doing this..

This is probably pointless but I felt like taking some pictures..=)

Last edited:
and second pic, apologize for the quality.. resized them and compressed too much.. oh well..

see below

Last edited:
Ducting works well check mine out .I used the heat sink fans to draw in the air and the case fans to cool the main board and video card.

Upper fan is exhaust and I have 2 exhaust on case back.

nice set up, how much of a temp difference did that make for you..?

8c and allowed me to remove the Delta 38cfm screamers and install nice quiet 30cfm suno fans on my heat sinks.

Max laod is 41c with the 30cfm fans

Back