• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sigh.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I noticed after having my 9800 PRO for about 8 months and I notice that the anti-aliasing kinda sucks.... I compared it to my friends sapphire 9800 PRO and his looks a heck of a lot better than mine. I have 2x enabled with 4x anisotropic. His 2x looks like my 4x anti-aliasing. I don't know what the deal is. Is my 9800 defected? But, he has an older moniter so maybe his screen is blured and isn't is clear? I have a 19" Viewsonic E90F and he has an older Envision. What do you guys think? (Ive tested these "test" in games that support AA and AF)

speed bump

Have you Deguassed your monitor recently that usually helps. Also you might try his monitor with your comp.

any way I Hope you find the solution soon

Finally the only reason this post is being written is I ran out of things to blow up. Happy just turned 5th everyone

YellowDart

You also might want to consider which driver sets you are both running... If he's seeing better IQ, it could be due to drivers. *shrug*

OP
X

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Well, we are both running catalyst 4.6 and I have degaused my moniter (every day). I'll see what my video card looks like on his computer and vis versa. Thanks for the help!

WheaT

Mr.Radar said:
Or he could have Temporal AA enabled on his card (through a registry hack) which essentially doubles the amount of AA you get while keeping the same speeds.

How does one do that, and is there any possible harm to your computer?

WheaT