• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silent Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Droban

I need to get a power supply that runs completely silent for my P4 2.66 computer. I figure Ill need a 300 or 400 supply, does anyone know of which power supplies are the quietest and where to get them? i dont want to spend more than 40-50.
thanks

Zalman stuff is pretty quite, they have a Fortron unit that they put a new cover and fan on. At least I think - if I remember correctly but now I can't find where I saw it... Nee ways there is a review here Says it's very quite and also a notable preformer... It can be found at PC Club.

Last edited:
Gautam said:
The 350W Fortron with the 120mm fan is pretty much the solution to every problem...

But some people say the 120mm is actually louder. I'm a little confused as to which one really is quieter, 80 or 120.

GM1010 said:

But some people say the 120mm is actually louder. I'm a little confused as to which one really is quieter, 80 or 120.

Ya... for some reason.

The larger the fan the more air it can push at the same dbA, or it can push the same dbA.

Back