• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

silent powerfull combination to beat my volcano 9: slk-800 and what fan??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rippedsocks

hey whats up guys i think somethings wrong with my hsf (voclcano 9) and ive tried everything so im getting an slk- 800... i just dont no what fan to pair it with... i dont want a tornado i want something AT maximum as loud as my volcano 9 (Tt smarcase fan II).... i preferover or 50 cfm minimum but i dont want it to be so loud.. i am an overclocker :D so heat dissapation is an issue.... i am currently running my 2400+ @ 2.3 with 1.72 voltage rock stable 164x14... i dont wanna go further on this HSF cuz im getting load temps of 54c so im getting new cooling and hoping to be under 40c load... thanx for your input in advance

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
you'll get better results if you use a Tornado, but if you've already got a Smart Fan II, use it. It's not that big of a difference and this one's free.

Z

tragic_monkey

some sites sell adapters so u cud fit a bigger fan on your hsf and get big cfm's and keep the noise down with fans with whatever rpm u can stand, just have a look aroun the online stores

nut

Registered
I sure would like to see a pic of someones rig or a pic on a website that shows what this shroud looks like. I have no idea what it is , although i have heard of it.