• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Silicon Power Zenith RGB 32GB DDR4-3600 CL18 - SP016GXLZU360BSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
This is a nice and inexpensive memory kit that I wanted to test some more.

General specifications:

SP_Zenith_32GB_pic1.jpg

SP_Zenith_32GB_pic2.jpg

Product Photos:

The Zenith memory kit contains two 16GB, dual-rank modules. The memory uses new series of Hynix IC. As you can see below, Thaiphoon Burner can't read it but it's scaling like a new A-die. Regardless of what is under the heatsinks, the most important is how it works.

SP_Zenith_32GB_sp1.jpg

There were no problems with stability or compatibility on new motherboards with AMD and Intel chipsets. However, I'm using higher series motherboards so I can't guarantee that every lower series model will be problem-free.

Zenith_32G_st1.jpg

There is only one XMP profile but it works fine on AMD and Intel motherboards. At least ASUS, ASRock, and MSI motherboards had no problems with the profile.

So far I started this thread but will add some results later.

I know but I have this RAM for some time and I find it interesting and I have different results. I also see that many people are not checking front-page reviews.

I'm curious to see your results! It's tricky to compare because dual-rank memory overclocking is extremely sensitive on RKL and requires a very good IMC.

I found that VDIMM scaled all the way up to 1.9v on-air and was actually stable at that voltage without any OS tricks. Ultimately, our review kit showed excellent frequency headroom and very poor primary timing headroom. They certainly didn't overclock like modern Hynix D-Die, which allows low CAS latency for example

This kit really does offer a ton of value and solid overclocking headroom.

Looks like this is A-die. I wasn't removing heatsinks on this kit, and all other kits that supposed to be A-die that I was testing had rebranded chips. Thaiphoon Burner can't recognize the IC correctly. Actually, Thaiphoon Burner is showing the same IC on all new Hynix-based kits, no matter if it's A, D or M die.
Many new kits, and most Hynix 2x16GB DDR4-4000+ kits are listed with Hynix A-die. For example, Thermaltake has only A-die kits from the latest series. The difference is huge in dual-rank kits. Especially M-die was hitting a wall at about 4000-4133 and good A-die should reach 5000.

The good thing is that this IC is available in cheap kits and because it's dual-rank then the performance is high even though timings don't look so good. Hynix D runs at not much better timings but single-rank is scaling much higher with voltage.

One thing that I noticed. All new Hynix kits are overclocking better on Intel than on AMD. This specific Silicon Power kit could run at about DDR4-4400 CL19/20-26-26 on MSI X570 Unify while on MSI Z590I Unify could run stable at DDR4-4800 CL19-25-25 1.65V (stable like ~3h AIDA64 mem+cache test and multiple additional tests/benchmarks). The same was with other new Hynix kits. All OC about 2-3 ratios worse on AMD than on Intel. On the other hand, Micron is overclocking better on AMD.

XMP #1: DDR4-3600 CL18-22-22 1.35V

DDR4-4266 CL17-21-21 1.55V

DDR4-4600 CL18-24-24 1.55V

DDR4-4800 CL19-25-25 1.62V

DDR4-3800 and anything up to DDR4-4266, works at CL17 so I skipped results between. The same between DDR4-4300 and DDR4-4600 is required CL18 to keep full stability. DDR4-4866+ couldn't boot but I guess that can work some on that as DDR4-4800 seems stable (passed multiple hours of various tests, not only these on screenshots).
Product photos were added to the 1st post.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a very interesting memory kit as it gives high performance and overclocking headroom while it's inexpensive. Considering that in the front-page review, a different sample made also great results, I assume that can count on the same from any other kit bought in the store. Review samples were in a retail package and weren't cherry-picked. DDR4-4600+ on a dual-rank kit is an amazing result.

I'm not sure. Mine was shipped about when was the premiere but I had delays with tests because of some other stuff in the queue. There are 2 PN for this kit, SP032GXLZU360BDD and SP032GXLZU360FDD. I know that usually there are differences in IC when is more than 1 PN, like single vs dual rank or something else. I was asking about that in the case of other SP reviews. Anyway, looks like both our kits are *BDD so should be the same.
CPU-Z can read it wrong too as it has problems reading SPD/XMP right and it's common for years. On the other hand, Thaiphoon Burner has problems with reading Hynix-based kits or some specific brands.

DDR4-4800 in dual-rank looks great. Maybe I could push it to DDR4-5000 but so far there were problems with booting at DDR4-4866+ so it can be hard.
When finally something more interesting is appearing on the market then soon will be DDR5 ;)

Back