• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silly Windows and Scheduled Tasks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOveride

For the life if me I can't get one to start. Specificly I want FooBar to start up but I can't seem to get any app I make one to start up. I put in the right password and all that jazz, and it won't even go when I right click and run... anyone got any ideas?

I can't remember if you're running XP or not Crash, but if you are...first, go to: C:\Documents and Settings | All Users | Application Data | Microsoft | Crypto | RSA | S-1-5-18 and delete the files in there (if there are any)...Scheduled Tasks will recreate the files needed. This folder is hidden by default....to show hidden files: Start | Run and type control folders | 'View' tab | Check 'Show hidden files and folders'.

A scheduled task can be run without the need to enter a password, but you'll need to disable the following setting...

Start | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Local Security Policy | Local Policies | Security options | In the right hand pane (third down)...

Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only

This is enabled by default...right click and select 'Properties' | Select the 'Disabled' radio button to disable it. You can also access "Local Security Settings" by typing secpol.msc in the Run box. ;)

Back