• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverstone FT03 New Build Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bornacane

Hey guys been looking around for a while to buy or build Gaming PC and have settled on building it myself. I love the ft03 case and both maingear and origin PC offer builds in this case. but after pricing it out on newegg and both those sites its hard to justify spending and extra 600+ bucks for labor and warranty stuff.

So here i am building it myself:

This is what i have compiled

Power Supply
CORSAIR CXM series CX750M 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Motherboard

ASUS MAXIMUS VII Gene

Processor
Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor BX80646I74790K

GPU
EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2783-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

RAM
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R (Red)

Hard Drives
SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gb/s 1x nm Samsung Toggle DDR 2.0 3-Bit MLC NAND Flash Memory (400Mbps) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i High Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 120mm

Optical Drive
Dont know yet

Operating System
Windows 7 Pro

Any advice would be appreciated. I think i am a pretty tech savvy person and have done things like upgraded RAM and GPU on pre built computers so i have been inside a computer before. I think one of my big concerns is setting up the BIOS.

What can i expect in terms of hours to put into this.

Last edited:
That motherboard won't fit in the FT03. You need mATX or mITX.

I would do some research and make sure the H80i will fit in the FT03, it's tight in there.

Look at a better quality PSU.
The EVGA SuperNova G2 is a phenomenal lineup, their 750W would be overkill for you.

Thanks for pointing that out i ment to put down the asus maximus VII Gene.

Thanks for pointing that out i ment to put down the asus maximus VII Gene.

Unless you're overclocking to the moon (read: sub ambient cooling) you're wasting your money with that motherboard.

Look at one of these:
- ASRock Z97M OC Formula
- ASRock Z97M Pro4
- Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
- Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H

Unless you're overclocking to the moon (read: sub ambient cooling) you're wasting your money with that motherboard.

Look at one of these:
- ASRock Z97M OC Formula
- ASRock Z97M Pro4
- Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
- Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H

OK cool thanks these are the types of things i am looking for. As i said earlier i priced out a FT03 build with the two pre built websites. I used alot of the components that they used to spec one out on newegg.

I believe you can fit an NH-D14 in there, but it'll be a squeeze.

Back