• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single card to equal dual cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remove

I currently have 2 8800 GTS 512mb G92 cards in SLI in my gaming rig. What would be an equivalent/better single cards soulution?

freeagent

A 285 should rock the casbah.

But not too many people would reccomend getting one, and would probably mention ATi :thup:

CharlieCS

By the time fermi is out , there going to be another better card in the pipeline , so its irrelevant:blah::grouphug:

5870 should outshine two of your cards by a significant margin .:thup:

P.S. sorry for liberal use of smileys i just realized we got a bunch of new ones , to bad still no dancing banana.....

OP
Remove

Remove

I'm way past the days of paying for the newest and fastest. A $400 card I'm not going to get. I should have said so earlier.

I'm very happy with the 8800s and am looking for Nvidia. I have just had better luck with them, hence why I posted in the Nvidia forums. :D

I'm just thinking of downsizing to a micro atx form factor, smaller case and thus single card.

What about a 260 GTX? Equal?

OP
Remove

Remove

:comp:

Saw the new smileys also so dropping a cool one in as well.

freeagent

A 260 should do you well, maybe even a 275..

There is a 280 in the classies :thup:

And hey u ati guys, dont make me come to your backyard!!

:sly:

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
I'm way past the days of paying for the newest and fastest. A $400 card I'm not going to get. I should have said so earlier.

I'm very happy with the 8800s and am looking for Nvidia. I have just had better luck with them, hence why I posted in the Nvidia forums. :D

I'm just thinking of downsizing to a micro atx form factor, smaller case and thus single card.

What about a 260 GTX? Equal?
:comp: He's probably using that 5870 and eyefinity ;) lol

I'm not too good on the Nvidia side... i can recommend ATI stuff to you all day long though :D

A 4870 or 4890 would probably do what you want it too... or a 5770 would also give you DX11 support with about the same amount of power if i recall correctly.

OP
Remove

Remove

Really look like I'm in the 260 to 285 range as far as needs. Now I just need to find some good deals. Making offers on a few things in the classys too. :D

Zantal

Really look like I'm in the 260 to 285 range as far as needs. Now I just need to find some good deals. Making offers on a few things in the classys too. :D

if you go for the 260 make sure it's the 216 SP version, much better than the 192 one =)