• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Site Rollback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Hey all,

Sorry for the downtime today, there was an issue and I had to roll the site back to a previous backup. Unfortunately, it had to go back a few days. Let me know of any issues (outside of missing posts threads from approx 4/15 thru 4/21) and I'll hop on them.

Thanks,
ATMINSIDE

Whoo... That's one heck of a roll back. Which one of you reds borked the database?

Are 'Reported' threads of old members needing their accounts updated in their profiles still valid? I see two 'Reported' (at least) that are missing. Do they still have access?

Edit: It looks like all updated user accounts in ADMIN CP have also been lost.......

Last edited:
I was banned from logging in, forced to reset the password, when I believed I changed the password hours ago!

Looked like I had lost data, but now back in. (server OS update failure?)

Was this another password theft attack?

Last edited:
Uh oh if it was.

I tried to update the "2021 what did you do today crypto" thread since I had a slightly older page still open.

It also rolled back my vicennial badge. Should I just add that to the list of 'deep pain' causes? lol Nevermind I fixed it.

Whoo... That's one heck of a roll back. Which one of you reds borked the database?
Hah nobody borked it, but unfortunately a roll back was the only way out.
Are 'Reported' threads of old members needing their accounts updated in their profiles still valid? I see two 'Reported' (at least) that are missing. Do they still have access?

Edit: It looks like all updated user accounts in ADMIN CP have also been lost.......
Any database changes since 4/15 will need to be redone if at all possible.
I was banned from logging in, forced to reset the password, when I believed I changed the password hours ago!

Looked like I had lost data, but now back in. (server OS update failure?)

If you had changed your password before I performed the restore then yes you would need to re perform that change.

No, it wasn't.
Uh oh if it was.

I tried to update the "2021 what did you do today crypto" thread since I had a slightly older page still open.

It also rolled back my vicennial badge. Should I just add that to the list of 'deep pain' causes? lol Nevermind I fixed it.
I'll get that badge added back tomorrow :thup:

LOL leave it for a bit. Let me relish in the pain.

EDIT: for sale section may need some threads moved again.

LOL leave it for a bit. Let me relish in the pain.

EDIT: for sale section may need some threads moved again.

Got you all fixed up.

Do you mind reporting the threads that need moving so we can get that straightened out?

Yepper they were I still had an e-mail chain and have reset David Leeb again.

I updated two or three in the six-day rollback and have no idea who they were. The PM's I sent them are gone too.

Hopefully they'll come back.
I'm just glad the rollback didn't affect Word Press.

Thanks for your patience everyone! Huge thanks to ATMINSIDE for getting us back up.

vBulletin is OLD. Unfortunately, there are only so many ways that problems can be dealt with when they come up. :(

Upgrade and/or migrate. :)

Easier said than done. It's something that has been discussed, but can't happen overnight. Also, there are quite a few options out there these days to parse through and evaluate.

Dave, we appreciate the offer(?), however, money isn't the concern. It's the man hours (100+ expected) needed to implement that's the biggest hurdle. If you have the expertise and time, we could use your help on that front. Paying for vB is a drop in the bucket of the upgrade project. :)

We'll look at multiple options to get the job done. :attn:

wow that's quite roll back, lost a couple posts but I think I can recreate it.. mostly be rambling anyway :p

Back