• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Size of Peltier?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gentleman

Is it bad for a peltier to overhang the WB? The one I just got is like 5mm bigger than my WB so I was wondering if I need to get a diff one or would it still work?

Thx

yep, it's deffinatly bad. The part of the pelt that isn't touching the waterblock will have no cooling, and will overheat very quickly. You could still use this waterblock and use a copper plate between it and the pelt, like you do for the cpu, but it would be best to just get a bigger waterblock.

I agree with matt, but I don't think the purchase of a new waterblock is warranted if you can get a heatspreader in there. It doesn't have to be as thick as a coldplate since you don't need hardly any lateral conduction. 1/8" should be plenty thick, but you could probably go even thinner than that if you had to.

Back