• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SK6+ vs. AMD stock heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

Anyone have an idea on why my AMD stock heatsink with a delta 60x25mm 38cfm performs better on my 1ghz(overclocked to 1100mhz) duron than my new SK6+ with the same fan and both using artic silver three?

maybe ur sk6 didnt come in full contact with the cpu core compared to ur stock hsf. try reinstalling your sk6 again, and oh, easy on the as3 :D

just answered my own question when reading at the artic silver site, the sk6+ hasn't been through the "breaking in period yet", which according to articsilver can reduce the temps by 3-5 degrees over a few days, going to try again i guess, thanks for everyone's help

ooh, sk6+ rocks, i clocked the 1ghz duron to 1.24 ghz last night and it runs at 35c idle just like the amd stock did with 1.1, didn't think i can get the duron to clock that much, who says the k7s5a is a bad board for clocking ;), just had to tweak the ram settings a little

Back