• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sk7 mounting problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheOneDonRamon

Registered
i baught an sk7 and cant get my vantec tornado to mount ont it with the big pins..is it really that hard?the heatsink slits look like there bending and about to break in half.If anyone has detailed pics please help me.Thanks

DipStickTony

yeah when I mounted my tornado on the sk-7 it would barely fit, on sunday im getting a digital camera...ill post pics then. What I basically did was have one of the holders off to the right, and the other to the left...so they were across from each other...it looked kinda like this.

beezee

Sometimes it can be a bit of a hassle to get those tings on there. The pins should be bending and look like they're going to break... not to worry though because they're pretty flexible. When you're moutning the fan on be sure that you clip one side in first, holding the rest down, then carefully pull the second side over the other side of the fan... anyway I hope this helps... good luck :D

OP
T

TheOneDonRamon

Registered
Ok got it.Thanks...O how do i love this baby..2100+ 1.89ghz stable 145fsb so far 38C browsing around doin lil stuff on my comp..i'm gunna make more air circulate in my comptuer maybe lower it another C or 2 :).

AC Slater

I like this heatsink a lot too. Just put one on and my load cpu temp is now 39C. It used to be 47~50C with my $6 SVC GC68. I also put on a YS Tech fan with adjustable speed control. It's nice to turn it down every now and then and only have the load temp climb to like 44C.

gingo

I like this heatsink too.... Only problem with having the clips is you cant secure a grill on the fan with screws b/c the clips pop off. Doesn't really matter though, the grill is pretty secure from the pressure of the clips holding it on.

rustymaitland

TheOneDonRamon said:
i baught an sk7 and cant get my vantec tornado to mount ont it with the big pins..is it really that hard?the heatsink slits look like there bending and about to break in half.If anyone has detailed pics please help me.Thanks

so basically the fan is off centre right?
interesting to know cause i was going to pick one up to check out. kinda bored this weekend.
i just came from thermalright's site. so the only way to get an 80mm fan on there is to use those pins? woah. on second thought.

IR1

I just bought an Sk-7 and a Sunon(tornado) 85 cfm... man i bet this sucker is gonna be loud. I put it in my sig already but I am very excited. Should get here next monday.

Is $39 bucks shipped for sk-7 and Tornado a good price?

Gonna be time to put the old Volcano 6 cu+ down. Or just sell to my bro.. he still using a retail stock HSF, poor guy.

Also bought an 1600+ Agoia from newegg. that should get here tomarow I hope. Gonna see how high I can get it. Hope I get a good agoia.

Man sounds like its a real pain to get that Fan on the HS.

IR1

Do you think I need a grill I didnt buy one I have a few laying around I could use. But I wasnt planning on putting one on. I dont usually poke around in my case with it on. I know losing a finger just cant be fun though. :eek:

My current fan runs at 7500 RPMs it has no grill. So at 5400 I doubt ill need one. But maybe you guys know somthing i dont.

OP
T

TheOneDonRamon

Registered
Well.First off yeah $39 is good price thats what i got it for...second there was a metal whatever guard on the top of the fan which would make it hard for me.So i took it off and everything went fine from there! :p

DipStickTony

There is a grill on the torando, but he bought the acutal sunon fan. It is the exact same fan without the tornado label, and the grill. Yup its gonna be REAL loud, get a rheostat or a baybus or something...its too loud to sleep around, I can hear the fan throughout my house :(

rustymaitland

i got my tornado sittin on top of an ax-7 and that s--t is loud. it drowns out all my case fans which are already quite loud and it also drowns out my 7000+ rpm 60mm delta that cools my p3 1ghz. i bought a rheobus last week. nice unit. handles 17 watts per channel so that will be nice. just finished some heavy duty assignments for school so i had no time to hook it up.
now i can replace all my case fans with tornados! hehe.

IR1: i had a Volcano 9 and i found that when i had the funky chrome grill on the fan made more noise! results could vary tho!
good luck.