• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sketchy A7M266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nuthouse

Registered
I just reinstalled windows and I am still having these problems. All my hardware worked at one point.

I have this A7M266, and it has been acting extremely wierd lately.

Symptoms:
1. After I change an option in BIOS, and start windows, the "found new hardware" screen appears telling me to install my ethernet card. I have already installed it once! I click on cancel and restart my computer and everything works fine.

2. After I tried to install my retail CD-RW neither of the drives appear in "my computer". In the Device manager, both drives display this error:
Your registry might be corrupted. (Code 19)
I know for a fact that it works with my computer because I was using it to copy CD's

3. I can no longer use my IDE controller card for any IDE device. The controller card is a Promise Ultra DMA TX2. It can support up to 4 IDE devices. I tried to boot windows off of it, and no dice, it didn't work.

Here are my hardware specs:
Windows 2000 SP2
Case IW-Q500N Full Tower
Power Supply Powerman 300W
Motherboard ASUS A7M266 bios v1006
CPU AMD Athlon 1.4GHz
Ram 2X 256MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
Hard Drives 2X 60GB IBM deskstars 60XP
DVD-ROM Pioneer 16X DVD-106S
CD-RW Plextor Plexwriter 16/10/40A

Here is my drive arrangement.
IDE1:
master) IBM deskstar 60XP
slave)IBM deskstar 60XP
IDE2:
master) Plextor Plexwriter 16/10/40A
slave) Pioneer 16X DVD-106S

PCI slots
1)empty
2)empty
3)game theater xp
4)
5)3COM Etherlink 10/100 PCI NIC w/ 3XP Processor (3CR990-TX-97)

How can I give you guys a more detailed picture of my computer?

Thank You,
-Nuthouse

P.S. All versions of BIOS exhibit the same problems. I am currently using version 1006.

Last edited:
Back