• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Skimpy shipper packing plus rough carrier handling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
What's up with the crappy packing? is styrofoam peanuts too expensive these days? C'mon Newegg!

1.jpg

And, what's up with the ROAD RAGE, UPS?

2.jpg

I'm sure glad my motherboard arrived unscathed:

3.jpg

I'm not even going to mention the other delivery that came today(a Newegg replacement shipped from Amazon) that was also smashed. Did I piss someone off? :oops: :unsure: :whistle:

**** happens...and it's sure frustrating when things inside arrive broken. Ace Ventura is not my delivery driver either soooooo... :rofl:

That said, I can't recall the last time I've seen packing peanuts from newegg (or anywhere). They typically use those air bag things. Perhaps I've been lucky, but anything like that packed from newegg arrived in good shape. Packing peanuts wouldn't have prevented the hole in the box or the damage to the mobo box though...

Worth noting, I get motherboards shipped from all over the states and Taiwan. Inside its literally a board and some foam padding so the board doesn't shift much in transit. They aren't wrapped or surrounded by anything. So far they've all arrived in working condition... so far.

**** happens...and it's sure frustrating when things inside arrive broken. Ace Ventura is not my delivery driver either soooooo... :rofl:

That said, I can't recall the last time I've seen packing peanuts from newegg (or anywhere).
Ace Ventura may well be my delivery guy, in the past year there's been 1/2 a dozen smashed, squashed and brutalized packages. I think he moonlights, and works for both UPS & USPS.

Yea, packing peanuts are a thing of the past, I miss them. They lasted longer in the candy dish on the coffee table, plus they are keto friendly and glucose free.

Yea, packing peanuts are a thing of the past, I miss them. They lasted longer in the candy dish on the coffee table, plus they are keto friendly and glucose free.
I mean, that's healthy... it's too bad about the carcinogens and cancer tho. :rofl:
Post magically merged:

Its like that from all shippers. The little air bags. No one cares about anything anymore:mad:
Like I said, I've had good luck with literally dozens of mobos shipped like that. I don't think it's as bad as some may think.... but it's just my experience too...

Back