• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SL6BY spec P3 Tualatin-S .. where to get them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Treker

Old School Senior
I'm looking for 2 P3 1.4ghz Tualatin-S ( SMP ) 512k cache chips, the chips I've seen so far are SL657 spec.. SL6BY is a better core steping (tB1) instead of tA1 ..

Any information on the differences in steppings and where I can get two SL6BY 1.4ghz .. I'm not sure if I want Mayla or Philli yet..

Need the cream of the crop for my Dual 1.4ghz Abit VP6 project, will have 166mhz ram, dual water cooling, IHS removed, lapped core and I'm working on making the board take a 1/5 pci divider.

-Trek

gamefoo21

i heard a p3-s is better than a oc'd tualeron but the price is a huge difference. i got my 1.4 cele which will do a 124fsb but the stupid gigabyte mobo can supply the voltage rite and it locks up...
for 94 bucks but the p3-s was 235 when i picked it up.

OP
Treker

Treker

Old School Senior
Re: P3-S 1.4 source- Where?

Melf the Elf said:
Don't leave us hanging, buddy: Where did you order them from?

Still debating on that chip or overclocking either a 1.1 or 1.2 tualeron for my next upgrade.

Melf

Ah sorry!

I got them from google gear , their product number matches intel's Tb1 core product number, thus a match :)

http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80616

Its MUCH better than the celleron and I can run it in dual .. no contest.

-Trek

Ralf Hutter

I've been buying the SL6BYs from ebay for around $150-160 over that last six months. There's a guy in Texas that seems to have an unlimited supply of them, he's been doing these dutch auctions of twenty at a time for the last 7+ months.

OP
Treker

Treker

Old School Senior
Ralf Hutter said:
I've been buying the SL6BYs from ebay for around $150-160 over that last six months. There's a guy in Texas that seems to have an unlimited supply of them, he's been doing these dutch auctions of twenty at a time for the last 7+ months.

I supose, but I'll pay the extra for the safety factor.. dont get me wrong - I love ebay I'm a power seller :)

-Trek