• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sli bridge length

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J0ker

Registered
I plan on getting two gtx 1080s in sli, nvidia has three types of bridges (short, medium, long) Which one do I get?

you need to see how far apart the cards are on the motherboard. if you have enough pcie slots on the board you could use the medium one so they have some breathing room.

with the short one they are basically sandwiched together and the top card will always be hotter (and throttle earlier so it will slow down the cooler one also) check your motherboard manual, it may be stated in there which configurations you can achieve.

The appropriate sli bridge should have been packaged with your mobo ;)
The bridge that came with an Asrock Z170 Extreme6 that I'm using for a build has the medium size.

I wanna get the new HB bridge nvidia came out with. Make everything look all purdy :p

Ok so since there is a pcie x1 slot between the two pcie x16 slots, I'm going to assume I need the medium length bridge

Last edited:
Back