• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLi..is it worth it for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnmh88

Registered
Im only getting about 55fps on nba 2k10, not a reputable test but hey I'm not into getting the best graphics, I only want great ones. Im playing the game at 1920X1080 with core clock: 561mhz; shader clock: 1402mhz; and the memory clock: 1836mhz. it is over clocked.
(Was just wondering if I will be able to tell a BIG DIFFERENCE in the quality of my games if I get another 9800gt card and SLi them.????) Thanks...:santa2:

Im only getting about 55fps on nba 2k10, not a reputable test but hey I'm not into getting the best graphics, I only want great ones. Im playing the game at 1920X1080 with core clock: 561mhz; shader clock: 1402mhz; and the memory clock: 1836mhz. it is over clocked.
(Was just wondering if I will be able to tell a BIG DIFFERENCE in the quality of my games if I get another 9800gt card and SLi them.????) Thanks...:santa2:

no quality increase, just performance gains (form 40% up to 90% in some games), 55fps is more than enough

consider though some other games might not run that good

Ok thanks, for the info, I'll stick to one card, everything looks great already I just didnt know if it could look any better..I understand some games might not run as good as that one does, not alot changes in a basketball game. THANKS :)

Uh, those core and shader clocks are well under stock speeds for the 9800 GT, me thinks.

nope stock is core: 550mhz - shader: 1375mhz - memory: 1800mhz- so it shows on my dekstop when I right click and go to properties, then I click on the VGA Clock tab. It allows me O.C. right there with the D.O.T. button at the bottom. It gives me 6 different OC settings that auto adjusts everything for me. The settings I gave you previously were just on the 1st setting. if i go all the way up it can go to: Core: 605- Shader:1512- and memory:1980 but im kinda scared to push it that hard all the time, it doesnt overheat or anything it only gets up to about 52'C while playing.

Back