• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI pics... or pics in general

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
I love to look at other peoples rigs mainly coz no 2 rigs look the same... so iv taken a few pics of my rig and have decided to post them on here, feel free to reply with opinions and pics of ur own rigs. I havnt seen many sli rigs on here so all you sli folk out there (or crossfire, havnt seen any of those) get posting some pics!! Just so you know yes i do need to clean my case, it isnt scratched. its got a weird brushed aluminium finish to it which seems to collect anything which makes contact with it, my pc has been hauled around quite a bit lately... and i really need to sort out my wiring, especially after looking at the tidiness of some of the cable managed rigs.... make mine look like a mess!!

Attachments

• Resized1.jpg
    Resized1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Resized2.jpg
    Resized2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Resized3.jpg
    Resized3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 222
  • Resized4.jpg
    Resized4.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 221

gigabit

Looks good.I love the case.You might wanna tidy up the wires but othert han that its awesome.Any benchmarks? Id like to compare my 8800GTS 512mb with your 8800GTX's .!!!!!!!

OP
sandyduff

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
so what do u reckon is better then, sli or crossfire? iv never experienced crossfire so cant really comment....

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
If you are looking for SLi pics:

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

I really like the black version of that case. I have the silver one and now I'm regretting it :-/

Otherwise, looks good, just needs a little work with cabled :)

OP
sandyduff

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
havn't run many benchmarks, only really 3dmark06 which is in mu sig, if you want to compare benchmarking give me some examples of what u use to benchmark and i shall run them!!

OP
sandyduff

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
loving the case there thideras!! good airflow!! i actually quite like the look of the silver one... is it silver with black mesh? hang on... is that 3 graphics cards in there...? but a bridge which only hooks up 2 of them?

Last edited:
OP
sandyduff

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
What keyboard is that? looks similiar to the logitech g15. i bought the g11 coz i feared that during gaming i would be distracted by the little lcd screen only to return to my monitor where i would most likely.... be dead... i quite like it in silver, looks very bright n not scary, whereas the whole black setup does look menacing.... even tho it is only a tower....

Automata

What keyboard is that? looks similiar to the logitech g15. i bought the g11 coz i feared that during gaming i would be distracted by the little lcd screen only to return to my monitor where i would most likely.... be dead... i quite like it in silver, looks very bright n not scary, whereas the whole black setup does look manacing.... even tho it is only a tower....
Yup, it is the revised G15, I like it a ton better than the old one :p

OP
sandyduff

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
what does the little lcd screen actually display? i do like the look of that g15, it doesnt have the macros buttons which mine do, so far iv only found 1 compatible game for them... doom 3, which i have played to death... altho i do like the blue glow of my keyboard, goes well with the black.... even tho im describing it in detail, just saw my camera.... il post a pic in a min....

Automata

what does the little lcd screen actually display? i do like the look of that g15, it doesnt have the macros buttons which mine do, so far iv only found 1 compatible game for them... doom 3, which i have played to death... altho i do like the blue glow of my keyboard, goes well with the black.... even tho im describing it in detail, just saw my camera.... il post a pic in a min....
Depends what games you play. At the desktop it can do the time, cpu/mem usage, stopwatch/timer and even what media you are playing.

If I'm in WoW, I can see character stats in real time without having the character window open, battleground stats and private messages. I didn't even have to change or configure anything, it did it by itself.

I'm sure there are a ton more programs out there, I just haven't looked.

OP
sandyduff

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
when i move into my own place i will get a bigger desk so i can get duel monitor and fully utilise my7.1 surround sound setup!! and yes i have a Duff beer glass... my surname is Duff so i love it!!! i am scottish btw

Attachments

• Resized5.jpg
    Resized5.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 199

gigabit

havn't run many benchmarks, only really 3dmark06 which is in mu sig, if you want to compare benchmarking give me some examples of what u use to benchmark and i shall run them!!

I 3Dmark06/05 and 03 and 2001 SE and maybe aquamark.I see your sig,14000 in 3dmark06.My 1 8800GTS gets 16000.Was that run at all stock cards and cpu?

OP
sandyduff

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
ah that would be handy not having to switch between menus.... seems very cool, if i can get one for a good price i may consider it....

OP
sandyduff

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
cards are completely stock as i need to improve cooling for my graphics cards for overclocking, my 2nd 8800gtx sits very low down in the case so the fan isnt doing a great job, when i get cash im gonna install some more fans. My cpu is barely overclocked from 2.66GHz to 3GHz, i like round numbers.... have you OC'ed?

Anubis_386

Looks good.I love the case.You might wanna tidy up the wires but othert han that its awesome.Any benchmarks? Id like to compare my 8800GTS 512mb with your 8800GTX's .!!!!!!!

Lol .. That is with the cables tidy'd .. Case is a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream, its small and thus very very hard to work in with SLI and a thermalright heatsink city .. lol ..

I haven't run any benches on my SLI rig for ages and can't really remember what I scored last time I did .. My brother uses it now ..

I just swapped out my HD3870X2 for a 9800GX2 and I like this card way much more .. Its a beast! (3DMark 06 and 3DMark Vantage Orb links are in sig) .. I too love my CM Stacker .. It really is the best case I've ever had (and i've had a lot of different cases), the air flow is unbeatable I'd say .. + they look awesome .. Although I agree on the silver not being great thing, black looks much better

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

In my experience, SLI and Crossfire is good, but not the greatest. The performance increases gained from adding a 2nd card aren't always that big and the amount of extra heat and noise can be hard to manage .. + running SLI/Crossfire forces you to go out and get a bigger case and a more capable PSU ..

OP
sandyduff

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
that setup is sweet... i was considering selling my 8800gtx and going for a gx2 but then i did a bit of reading and sli seemed a good option, i have had a significant performance gain... with 1 8800gtx i could only run crysis at 1440x900 with most settings on medium and a couple on high, but with a second gtx added and running sli, i can play it at 1680x1050 with everything on very high... as i was expecting in all honesty. But it seems that a single gx2 can do the exact same.... hmmm... im beginning to regret my decision....