• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI with 1 Faulty card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipesto93

i have a gtx 260 and can get another one with either

currupt output with lines on the screen
or
"PC boots and responds to keystrokes, the card fan spins but there is no output to my monitor"

they are at are quite cheap and i am wondering if you can use any of them in SLI, as the second card
anyone ever tried it?

:bday:

Last edited:

Shadowmonk

If your sure the one card "just has a faulty output, then you can use that as the second GPU and use the good one in the first slot. As long as you know if its not a faulty output and its artifacting that it will continue to cause problems with the system. Only one way to find out eh?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
What? Why would you do that? What makes you think that it will work? I dont get that thinking man, not at all. What a huge potential to be a waste of money. But here is to hoping I eat crow when you get it!!! GL!

OP
antipesto93

antipesto93

What? Why would you do that? What makes you think that it will work? I dont get that thinking man, not at all. What a huge potential to be a waste of money. But here is to hoping I eat crow when you get it!!! GL!

ahah i have taken many chances with faulty graphics cards and thats how i came about with the oven trick, yeah its a risk but if it dosent work i sell it again for the same price....people will buy anything on ebay

i sold a 8800gtx pcb with a crack down the middle once lol

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Heh so if what you buy isn't fixable, resell. If that person can't fix it, they can sell for the same money, and it keeps going on. A broken gfx card could easily travel 10k miles in its life time.

The only real winner in this case is eBay, Paypal, and shipping service they are making money off playing musical chairs with lemon.