• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-600 vs AX-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zoltrix!

Registered
i have a question!
I am going to by this comument:

Mushkin 256MB Hi Perf Level2 DDR 2700 CAS222

EPOX EP-8K9A2 KT 400

AMD ATHLON XP 2000 + FAN

and I have some truble desiding my hs\f

i can go on the SLK-600 with a meen DELTA on it, and put above it (on the door of my computer) a coolermaster TLF-R82 4 LED 80MM FAN, or i can just buy ax-7 and put on it the coolermaster fan!
booth will have AS3 on them!
i have 2 questions
1)What will be the temp diffrense? (I think about 4-5 temp in favor of the SLk)
2)what coumpoment in the computer will limit me first, or the ax-7 will be the limiter (i can say that? ;) )

P.S.
forgive my speeling, i'm from Israel and got 74 last year in english (with cheating!)

X

---X---

Go with the AX-7. I don't know exact numbers, but it is the better heatsink. Also, you can use larger fans, which may cut down on noise or improve performance, depending on what you choose. And it's cheap :)

Yodums

Between the two, the AX7 would be a better choice. The AX7 is better in terms of performance and it is equipped with an 80mm fan which gives you more variety over a 60mm fan which a SLK600 uses. However, the AX7 is about 20-25 bucks and you pay 10 bucks more and you get a spectacular deal. . . The SLK800 is the best Socket A heatsink and it's for sale at SVCompucycle for 33.99:

http://www.svcompucycle.com/therslsoc462.html

That's equivilant to the price of the SK-7.

madsam

Yodums said:
Between the two, the AX7 would be a better choice. The AX7 is better in terms of performance and it is equipped with an 80mm fan which gives you more variety over a 60mm fan which a SLK600 uses. However, the AX7 is about 20-25 bucks and you pay 10 bucks more and you get a spectacular deal. . . The SLK800 is the best Socket A heatsink and it's for sale at SVCompucycle for 33.99:

http://www.svcompucycle.com/therslsoc462.html

That's equivilant to the price of the SK-7.

i was going to suggest the ax-7 was the best bang for the buck, but that slk-800 for 33 bucks is a deal. the ax-7 and slk-800 perform almost the same..the slk-800 wins by a notch, however, if both are fitted with a slower quieter fan, the slk-800 excels by several degrees, and cools better at low air-flow. if you are not worried about the loud fans, i'd still go with the slk-800 at this price. get a rheostat, and an 84 cfm fan, or even a delta 68 like i use.. :beer:

nice find yodums:burn: :burn: :burn: