• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-800 fit on this board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hassmh

Registered
Anyone with an SLK-800 that could give a good guess whether it would fit on this board? The caps are a little tight at the bottom, but seeing how the SLK is big in the other direction, it looks to me like it might fit. But maybe I'm just being hopeful:D

More pics here if it helps.

I'm not buying the board (if I do) for a few weeks, but I may be getting the SLK-800 soon.

darn cant remember where but I read a review on the SLK800 somewhere that used a board like that and they said it fit but they had to slightly bend those capacitors next to the socket ...I have the SLK800 and its on a A7V-266-e and fits ok but I dont have those capacitors next to socket...:)

THunDA said:
...I have the SLK800 and its on a A7V-266-e and fits ok but I dont have those capacitors next to socket...:)

Just curious as to what you are getting for temps with that HSF combo because I am running an almost identical setup to yours and just purchased an slk-800. Just wondering what I have to look forward too. Thanks,

-Pfieff

Well right now in gettn like 42 idle and 45 load but i think it has alot to do with my room temps...when it was colder outside a week ago I was gettn 38-40 idle and 42 load...Im replacing my fam also currently I use a Emermax80mm adjustable and on high it pushes 39cfm @ 32db ...I ordered a Mechatronics(think thats right) 80mm thats 53cfm @ 39db...I think thats gona make temp better I hope :) should be here today ill post back when I get it ..

Hmm, not too big on bending caps, but I suppose if that's what it takes.... From the reviews I've seen the SLK-800 would be the best air cooler I could get. I suppose the worst could happen is it won't fit and I have to go with water ;)

THunDA said:
Well right now in gettn like 42 idle and 45 load but i think it has alot to do with my room temps...when it was colder outside a week ago I was gettn 38-40 idle and 42 load...Im replacing my fam also currently I use a Emermax80mm adjustable and on high it pushes 39cfm @ 32db ...I ordered a Mechatronics(think thats right) 80mm thats 53cfm @ 39db...I think thats gona make temp better I hope :) should be here today ill post back when I get it ..

Thanks, i'm really looking forward to this new setup. Right now I'm running a Volcano 7 and my temps are in the high 50's under load and only drop to 48-50 while I'm idle.

-Pfieff

I've got a Volcano 7, too. Low 50s under load for me, but when I upgrade to a 2600 I'll need something a little better, which is why I'm looking at the SLK. Where'd you get yours and how much? I'm looking for a deal on one, the SVC deal in Cyberdeals is out of stock, don't know if anyone else has a deal going.

The socket layout is the same as on the Ax7-333 (cam at top) and the fins will hang over either side (where that board apears to have plenty of clearance) should be no problem. Something like the AX-7 might have trouble b/c the fins hang over on all 4 sides,. . .

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the input, now I just have to find a good price on the SLK-800!

Back