• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slot 1 adapters

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SBeaver

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with "slot1 to fcpga" or "slot 1 to fcpga2" adaptors.
I have two, no three slot 1 boards really and I was hoping that there was some way to upgrade at least one of the with a fcpga cpu or maybe even a tualatin.

The "best" board is a Lucky-Star 6ABX2V which can take 133fsb without problems and I can even use cas 2 on the memory at that speed.
Right now I have a p3 [email protected] in it and maybe I could pass that one on to one of the other systems because those two boards are OEM boards and they only have Pentium II's.
I have been looking at an Asus "Slot 1 to FCPGA" adapter which supports 100/133fsb's
It's really hard to find motherboard compatibillity lists for these things and those I have found never include any of my mobos.

looktall

many BX chipset boards (and i think some via chipsets) can run tualatin cpu's by hacking either the pins on the cpu itself, or the slocket.

there's bound to be an article on it either as a sticky at the top of this forum or in the article section of the front page.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
yeah you can get a slotket for the BX boards or if u wanna drop a tually in you can just get the upgrade from power leap :) pretty much a slotket made for a tually

AbraM

Registered
As said before in this thread, Powerleap have adapters for tualatin processors in slot1 boards. I have one of those myself. works great with my Abit BH6 rev. 1.0 and a Tualatin celeron 1,4GHz. In my Asus P2B it will not even boot. so it really depens on the board if it works. But as you have 3 of them chances are it will work in one of them. Powerleap do have a database with boards that are or are not compatible with the adapter. It is not complete but it might help. The adress is to powerleap is easy: www.powerleap.com

/Abe

stamasd

Look at the thread named "running a Tualatin without powerleap adapter". There's really no reason to buy an overpriced Powerleap adapter when you can use just as well a $10 generic slocket and get the same result. :)

The thread is here. I've been running a 1.4 Tualatin Celeron in a BH6 slot1 motherboard for over a month now, with no problem whatsoever.

OP
S

SBeaver

I found out that at least my Dell mobo works with this.
Maybe I'll get a Celly then since they are 100mhz just to be safe and also get overclocking options.
Those powerleapers are really pricey but then again I would need a slotket and then also do a mod which I'm very likley to fail at.
But still the performance boost would be awsome.
I'm gonna look closer at these things thanks for the help.

AbraM

Registered
The adapter costed me 45 euro here in Finland. Then I bought a reatail 1,4GHz for 100 euro. The dollar and the euro is about the same. So that´s the prices here. It´s not as cheap as in USA but one has to live with it. 145 euro for keeping my beloved old BH6 up and running is well worth it! :) Asus slotket (S370-DL) adapter for fcpga cpu:s cost 31 euros. It is not really worth the save as the chances are you won´t get the modding done right the first time...

Last edited:
OP
S

SBeaver

Local price seems to be from 55 up to 80$ here (or euros)
That's a bit steep IMO.
A 1100mhz duron and a cheap socket A motherboard will be cheaper than a powerleap + a Tual Celeron which costs around 75$ and still exceed the BX board in both speed and features.
This is silly.
I'm gonna go check for other resellers but if I can't find any I'm gonna hold this deal.

edit: Forgot to mention, the socket A board has a future whilst the slot 1 has not :(