• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow GF3 ti???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sin67

I just bought myself a WInfast GF3 ti and was all excited , but when i put the thing in it made my system perform little better than with my old GF2 mx . I am benchmarking around 3000 with the GF3 ti , which is obviously pretty sad . My system specs are as follows.... P3 900 , 384 MB ram , Windows ME

I've been told I should be getting at least 4500 bencmark with this kind of system , could there be something about my system that is severely limiting things? I have tried installing different types of drivers and updating my BIOS . Nothing helps , please help!!! =(

oc jason

First off you cpu speed is limiting you. What motherboard do u have, the chipset will make a difference depending on how fast it is and how well it utilizes our bandwidth.

What type of RAM do u have, it is DDR or SDRAM, pc2100? pc2400? pc-100, pc133, RDRAM? The type and speed of RAM will make a huge difference. Windows ME is a decent gaming OS so that is ok.

But the two things i see are CPU speed, and RAM.

More info man. I get 5500 with default bench using my gf2 pro

OP
S

sin67

it's SRAM pc-133 , a friend has access to the results at madonion and says that people with similar systems to mine are achieving at least 4500..... anything else that might be the prob?