• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slow menus in office xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweakman278

i just got office xp and everything is great except for one thing thats anoying the heck out of me. in 2k and xp (before and after fresh installs, with all the updates and service patches) when i open up any office product and click the file menu, the menu pops down and there are two arrows at the bottom of it. when i move the mouse over them to show the rest of the menu it is slow and jerkey (i think thats spelled right). however, when i put in another video card and enable multiple displays the menus expanded smoothly and quickly, when i open up netmeeting it did the same. does anybody know what might be causing this and how i can fix it.

the comp's specs: athlonxp 2000+, ecs k7s5a, 256 meggs ddr pc2100, geforce 3 ti200, matrox graphics millenium II (second vid card) soundblaster audigy, adapted scsi card, and a western digital 60 gig 7200 rpm.

subconcept

Had that happened to me but I just dealt with it, and soon enough it stopped. When it happened to me it only jerked on the file menu, other extendible menus worked fine.

Disputant

Have you seen this tweek, it works with the start menu, not sure if this entends in to office apps.

1. Start Regedit.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control panel\Desktop
3. Select MenuShowDelay from the list on the right.
4. Right on it and select Modify.
5. Change the value to 0.
6. Reboot your computer.

OP
tweakman278

tweakman278

subconcept said:
Had that happened to me but I just dealt with it, and soon enough it stopped. When it happened to me it only jerked on the file menu, other extendible menus worked fine.

how long did it last? it just all of a sudden stopped?