• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow system performance while using kazaa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Menardsguy

This has been bothering me for a long time now. When I use kazaa (kazaalite), my system just crawls. My system isn't exactly slow either. I was just wondering if there is something that I can do about this. For example, lets say that I want to listen to some music while downloading. I click on winamp and about 1-2 min later it finally opens. Then I have to go along and find a song which now takes a couple of minutes because it takes so long to go from folder to folder to find it. Understand my pain?

The same thing happens to me when I am folding.

I assume you are as well.

When using kazaa, I only try to have f@h, em3 and kazaa on and the issue is solved.

Take a screen shot of the Windows Task Manager under the Performance Tab.

Also have you run adaware?

1.jpg

I also have vcool running in the background if it matters...

Last edited:
make sure you dont have any spyware (run ad-aware) and check how much CPU usage its using- mine takes up about 30... also what kinda connection do you have? if you are dling a lot of stuff your HDD could be going slowly...

With that current screen shot was folding running?

Try a screen shot without folding, and with just kazaa open.

I ran ad-aware and my cpu usage seemed to go down a little without kazaa running. After running kazaa again it shot back up to 100% again.

I just ran Kazaa with folding stopped, and the most it ever hit was 30%.

Where did you download your kazaa lite version from?

I usually have a lot of downloads goin at once. I have a friend who has an old 600mhz celeron Best Buy computer who does about the same amount of dowloading with his, and his pc seems to run fine with kazaa running.

Do you think it might have something to do with windows internet sharing? I have a server set up that has the dsl modem that's shared to a couple of other computers (other computers are currently off) through windows internet sharing.

what % is kazaa using in the processes tab? and i wouldnt bother iwth a software cooling program, XP has a built in one anyways... what seed is your HDD?

oh and how much mem is being used too? it could be using so much that it is going into your pagfile and slowing stuff down...

Back