• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slowing water in Watercooling Works!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDGuy

I have read a couple of people posting about the benefit of slowing the water down in a watercooling system to give the radiator more time to cool the water. I decided to try this. I put a loop in my vinyl tube coming out of the reservoir going to the radiator. My CPU temp dropped 2 C after doing this. The loop slows the water down slightly allowing it to cool more before reaching the block. The loop was a nice cheap solution that didn't cause excessive pressure build-up in the system. My pump is a 295GPH unit. The system uses all 3/8" fittings. I'd think if you're running a slower pump, 200GPH or under, then this wouldn't be necessary.

My water flows as follows:
Reservoir ---> Radiator ---> Water Block ---> Reservoir

Depends on the system. A DangerDen Maze 2 and Cooling Cube can take all of the output a 700 GPH pump will dish out.

Colin (Jun 11, 2001 09:51 a.m.):
Depends on the system. A DangerDen Maze 2 and Cooling Cube can take all of the output a 700 GPH pump will dish out.

I should have clarified. If you have a large radiator then this won't ben an issue. I think you're results are more from the cube than the DD block. I would have chosen a cube but didn't have the room in my Mid Tower. My radiator is a BECOOLING 4 pass.

Back