• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small discount on Zippy/Emacs power supplies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Guys,

Zippy/Emacs units are available here:
http://store.myaopen.com/gsm6600po.html

I was in touch with the store about obtaining a discount for us and they offered to take $5.00 off. It's not much, but if traffic picks up, maybe I can negotiate for a bigger discount.

Contact Alice Xu ([email protected]), mention that you are a members of overclockers.com and obtain a $5.00 discount. The discount is already factored in for the GSM-6600P units, but feel free to contact Alice and ask for a discount on other units as well. Maybe the store would work something out on a case by case basis.

Good Luck!

S-N

Last edited:
OP
Super Nade

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
z0n3 said:
Bah. I don't need one right now but I will 3+ months from now. How long will this last?
For as long as we keep lapping 'em up.

No, you don't need to e-mail Alice for the discount, but I'd ask you guys to do so anyway, simply because it would let her know that ocforums is giving her business. In that way, maybe I can negotiate for a bigger discount or a discount on other products as well. :)

Last edited:

greenmaji

Senior Spellcheck
Hay Nate.. could you post the specs on the unit in this thread?
Amps on the rails would be nice.. (Id look them up and post them but Im going offline)
TIA :D

JustChill

actually just bought this psu (600w G1) from ebay. Some canadian retail seller. Good price and shipping was fast, he seems to always have them in stock too. This unit IS AWSOME Let me just tell you what I have this unit powering.
2x 7800gt overclocked
AMD 4200 @2.80 1.475vcore (2.75 before this PSU)
2x 36 gig raptor (raid)
2x deskstar 80gb (raid)
2xdvd+r/rw
1gb mushkin xp4000 @ 262-3.5v
DFI expert (overclocked)
mcp350 pump
4x panaflow (high flow)
2x san denk (LF)
2x led's
2x uv rods
I must say that this PSU is absolutly solid. I've had a ocz 520 modstream, 600w powerstream, 480 neopower. This PSU is by far and away the strongest , with the best craftsmanship ive ever seen, Only wish i had the money for the 700w. Ohh and my overclocks went up considerably.
JC

BossBorot

I will definately consider this for my next main build in a few months if it is still up.

OP
Super Nade

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
JustaChill, I was eyeing that canadian store as well (iloveshoppingcanada.com). I spoke with SSS about the store and he advised against a purchase because no pp buyer protection was offered. A bit dodgy if you ask me (and Sam), so Malpine Walis helped me dig up these guys in the US. Well,I'm glad you are happy! :beer: :)

Last edited:

DvBoard

A bit much on the price there. i realise it's a great PSU, but is it really worth paying THAT much more for something most people don't need?

Alexhk

There is a little more to a power supply than just its wattage rating which you of course know because you're not using the "500 watt" PSU that came with your case. Those Zippys are every bit as good as the popular Win-tact built PC Power&Cooling Turbo Cools models and Silverstone units built by Etatis. They trump everything else

If you want peace of mind when you're building a dual core, 1900XT and up dual GPU rig this is the type of unit you should buy.

Last edited:
OP
Super Nade

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Guys, you ARE paying for quality. I will guarentee you that no rig today can tank this unit. But then it is your choice. For most, this is an overkill. The Supermicro in my sig will handle ANYTHING you throw at it. I got the Zippy as a collectors item. Having the best of the best makes me all warm and tingly on the insides. :D

As for the FSP/Zippy comparisions, let me tell you this, it is a no brainer/no-contest. Take a look at JonnyGURU's ATE results and you will see that these units have an uncomfortably high ripple and a few corners are being cut in the actual build. If you do not have a demanding system (SLI/X-Fire), they maye this unit is overkill. But bear in mind that in today's power hungry environment, beefy =! reliable. I'd rather have a 100% reliable unit than a dodgy 2 billion kW unit.

I'm not saying you have to go out and buy this, but if you noticed, the good OEM's units are a bit pricey (Silverstone, PCPC Turbocool etc...). I would pay that extra $20 to avoid that accursed Fujjhyu. :)

Last edited:

party animal

Saratoga, CA/University of California Irvine
I was looking at this psu for a while at the exact same store, that why i asked if the discount was already counted and what not, and i think i'll get this Zippy. For those who are eyeing the PCP&C Silencer 610, I would get this psu instead :) It's barely a big price difference and I prefer Zippy GSM over the Silencer series.

JustChill

Super, I must say that I had good exp. with that can. store but that is only one exp. so take it for what its worth. The purchase of this unit was, for me a future proof issue. With the new processors (Dual, quad core) coming out and all the multi-GPU technology already here and on there way, I wanted to be ready to install, load drivers and go.

Some of you may not believe me but I swear my computer runs so much better with this power unit. I went from 2.75ghz on my x2 4200 up to (so far) 2.83ghz. Opty 148 went from 3.1ghz to 3.21ghz stable all on water. and there are so many plugs too. and it looks amazing in my stealth build.
JC

Nathan0490

Conroe Hoe
Hmm how much better is this then my OCZ PowerStream? people used to say that ocz built one of the best psus and i paid $120 for it....

This Zippy one isnt even modular :(

OP
Super Nade

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Now there is no need to junk all your PSU's for this one! All I'm saying is that anybody in the market for a high end unit should definitely consider this as a sure-shot safe buy.

Your OCZ Powerstream, if it is the second revision, is perfectly fine. I remember people reporting older revisions having problems, whereas the second revision had absolutely no problems. I'm quite sure your unit is probably the newer model. There is no reason t abandon your Powerstream at this point. If you had a 600W older OCZ, I would not use that. Your money was well spent at that point, so don't worry about it. I did not mean to scare anybody here! :)

praxis1452

Registered
Think of it like this...

The zippy is a single rail so there's no loading issues and if you compare the prices to PCP&C it's much lower for better quality. If you want to modulate something you could always send it to performance pc's.