• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smallest case, biggest GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GQ

Registered
Hey guys I want to scale back my rig and I am looking for a smaller case that still has room for a 5870 or whatever the next gen nvidia card will look like. I currently have a Kandalf LCS case with a GTX260 card. The cabinet that I want to fit the case in is 22 deep and 20 high so I was looking at the Antec 900 and the HAF 922, but it looks as though the HAF will be too deep. Thanks.

vxsca

Registered
the haf 922 by all means is not a downsized rig. even though its a "mid tower" it is big with plenty of space. also its very wide. but it can definately accomodate your card.

iLoki

The 900 (or the 900 two) will suit your needs for that card. I am not sure about the overall dimensions of the case, but it has enough room for a 'full size' gfx card such as the GTX 260 or 280. Airflow in that case is also pretty impressive :)

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
Hey guys I want to scale back my rig and I am looking for a smaller case that still has room for a 5870 or whatever the next gen nvidia card will look like. I currently have a Kandalf LCS case with a GTX260 card. The cabinet that I want to fit the case in is 22 deep and 20 high so I was looking at the Antec 900 and the HAF 922, but it looks as though the HAF will be too deep. Thanks.

Coolermaster 690 will fit and has plenty of depth for that 5870:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

OP
G

GQ

Registered

RollingThunder

Thanks for the replies. I really like the HAF 922 plus its on sale for 59.95 after rebate from the egg, however it says that the case is 22.2 deep and my cabinet is 22.6 so it would be tight.

This case might be good for me. Thanks again for the help.

GQ,

Those HAF cases are supposed to be really nice. If you have an open back to where you're putting it and room for your plugs and cables stickling out, it should be fine.

SuperDave1685

I'm going with zbo on this one, sorry RT ;) I was also eying the LianLi A05N when I was considering a smaller build. However, the HAF isn't a bad choice either. My personal preference though is LianLi :)

RollingThunder

I'm going with zbo on this one, sorry RT ;) I was also eying the LianLi A05N when I was considering a smaller build. However, the HAF isn't a bad choice either. My personal preference though is LianLi :)

Dave,

It's ok! Marines makes mistakes occasionally too. :p oooah!

However most anything from Lian-Li is top notch. My only question was room enough for those long video cards he wants with the HD bays facing front to back.