• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

smallest G4-Ti4600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

Yeah.. I mean it seriously, I'm looking for the small edition of the G4-ti4600... my current MSI ti4400 looks like the old VLB gfx cards from the old days.... gotta be a joke that they are so huge..

Cheers, Flixotide

No, I showered
There isn't one. ALL Ti-4600 cards are the same size. If you want smaller, you're going to have to go with a Ti-4200 card.

OP
flixotide

flixotide

damn... what happened to cutting the ref model and redesigning????

I remember I used to have a lot of S3 based cards, some book-sized wide, others tiny as a pack of fags, and all holding the same...

Sheesh... next thing I know they're packing it with external PSU like the last voodoo... :mad:

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
Goo Kenson said:

We need to see a pic of it in the mobo, or next to something, so we can really see how big it is :)

if you check out where the gold contacts on the card are, you can tell pretty well how long (or short) the card is compared to the long ti 4200-4600 cards. it appears to be maybe an inch past the contacts or so... nice size... probably helps with airflow... now nvidia needs to get on the downsizing bandwagon :) i know that my ti 4400 is right up against my hard drive cables. oh well. i am living with it :)

OP
flixotide

flixotide

Naw.... I'll stick with my Ti4400 as well... was just hoping there was a small edition out there...

But the ATI sure is small compared to it.... that's for sure.. :D

KiKaL

The 9700 is friggen huge! I was amazed when I took itout of the box.